Beer, Slayer & Bus -- The August Adventure Thread

cool deal ... we were talking about you sweethearts last night and wondered where you dissapeared!

life is grand! :kickass:

lurch70 said:
cool deal ... we were talking about you sweethearts last night and wondered where you dissapeared!

life is grand! :kickass:

we've just been busy as hell having a good time.

Yes, microbrewery beers CAN compare to the german beer. I meant the "readily available beer". Also the price difference still makes germany win. I'm spending a buck CDN for a bigger bottle than I'd get in the store for a beer that tastes just as good as a 5 dollar CDN microbrewery beer that I got down in seattle(which sells 500 different kinds of beer, all microbrewery stuff :loco: ) when my cousin went and stayed with a friend there.

Sadly, thats not readily available nor is it overly affordabl and Maren didn't get to try any. Why bother, the german beer is equally good :p

Conspicuously Absent said:
we've just been busy as hell having a good time.

London last Thursday in front of the Scala, drunkenly awaiting the Anathema show:

2006-09-14_London_1_800x600.jpg

With my sweetie Caroline from Austria. Hurray for Belgian beer! :kickass:

2006-09-14_London_4_800x600.jpg

CandyAndy and his wimmenz.

2006-09-14_London_6_450x600.jpg

With Caroline and our friend Karin from Holland.

The concert: Leafblade and Wolverine opened. Leafblade: impressive. Wolverine: annoying, despite the obvious improvement since last time I saw them (December 2003). Anathema: intense as always. CandyAndy now agrees that they're far better live than on CD. I would have loved to hear some more 'classics' though. Oh well, we still got to hear Sleepless and Fragile Dreams. People had come from as far as Iceland and Iran to see the show. That's what I call devotion. :headbang:
Live pics soon on Caroline's website: http://photopit.com/.

The city: Full of dirt and trash and unfriendly people (airport employees in particular). No desire to ever return.

That Caroline chick is pretty fucking hawt from pics taken in yesteryear. In those 3 pics above, not so much. Que paso?!?!

Eh, Andy pyonggang it anyways brutha!!! :kickass:

Yeah, many times someone has come over for a visit and I've offered them a beer. Like the gentleman I am, I offered to pour it in a proper glass for them. Each and every time they deny the pleasure and on several occasions they've scoffed, as if I were a wretch for suggesting.

I've since stopped serving beer at my house.

dorian gray said:
Yeah, many times someone has come over for a visit and I've offered them a beer. Like the gentleman I am, I offered to pour it in a proper glass for them. Each and every time they deny the pleasure and on several occasions they've scoffed, as if I were a wretch for suggesting.

I've since stopped serving beer at my house.
haha i imagine you in a powdered wig writing this with a quill

cthulufhtagn said:
haha i imagine you in a powdered wig writing this with a quill
hahaha one of your top 10 right here
While we're on the subject, I've always wanted to be a genteel Southern gentleman type who says stuff like, "Sir, you have offended me" and slap the guy with a glove. Then duel.

KILL TULLY said:
Real men finish a beer in the time it takes sissy men to 'clense their pallet' or 'smell the head'.
Yeah, all kidding aside, I'm with Tully here. I've tried to get into the stuff Doomcifer and NAD are into and it's too hard. Those two guys are aliens or something. Fuck it. Give me some Pabst please.

Well, what happened was I spent the last few years trying on occasion to buy an expensive microbrew and each and every time I thought it's not worth it. Beer tastes like shit no matter what. That's why I've stopped drinking it. Some people hate coffee and cigars. I like both. But beer? Waste of my time.

pabst is the perfect balance of cheap and enjoyable ... 12pk for $5 ... how can you beat that?

NP: Lionel Richie