So I'm drinking a good American beer

I'm going to a birthday party tonight. Lots of beer will be there. unfotunately my wife's uncles like Bud Light and Miller Light :yuk:

J. said:
You'd fit right in with those Rice Village yuppies who think it's cool to waste all your money on supposed fancy food and drinks, all the while never realizing the jokes on them.

Man oh man, you sound like one of those hicks in Deliverance. Well Cletus, looky what we got here with all dem rich folks in dem fancy cars with 4 wheels eating with spoons... :loco:

And what's "fancy food"? You mean, food that isn't shit? :lol:

No but seriously, you do realize they all cost the same, right? 6 pack Magic Hat is the same as a 6 pack of Bud. Why on earth would I EVER choose Bud then? It's horrendous!

JayKeeley said:
Man oh man, you sound like one of those hicks in Deliverance. Well Cletus, looky what we got here with all dem rich folks in dem fancy cars with 4 wheels eating with spoons... :loco:

And what's "fancy food"? You mean, food that isn't shit? :lol:

No but seriously, you do realize they all cost the same, right? 6 pack Magic Hat is the same as a 6 pack of Bud. Why on earth would I EVER choose Bud then? It's horrendous!

Well, morons believe more expensive=better quality. So not true. Also, people believe that restaurants that require nicer clothes (suits, etc) taste better. False. Man, give me a hole in the wall chil dog place over some high class restaurant where they put leaves on your plate for looks and you have 6 different forks.

You're just too white collar. You're not down with the people. :loco:

ha! six different forks. nice.
for me, food is food. "atmosphere" is incredibly overrated.
also, i agree with the expensive=better fallacy. simply not true. it's all about what people will pay for something - not the actual production costs. some people will gladly fork over 50-60 grand for a Lexus..........which is known as a Toyota in the real world.

J. said:
Well, morons believe more expensive=better quality.

I agree 100%, but you're making a huge mistake in thinking that your brand name beer is more expensive than quality beer.

I'm telling you, once you get out of buying by habit, which is why people buy Bud -- I cannot believe anyone thinks of Bud as a "quality" beer -- a whole world opens up for you, and you will NEVER be able to stomach Budweiser, Corona, and shit like that ever again. I'm serious man.

You're just too white collar. You're not down with the people. :loco:

This I cannot deny. :loco:

Tonight it was Bud, but only because I went to an Indian restaurant and the only alternatives were shithouse Indian beers like Kingfisher and Cobra.

My usually tipple is Sol or Corona to be honest. I don't like to drink really strong beer like the old Wifebeater (Stella) simply because I drink very fast and have little capacity for alcohol. If I stick to the weaker stuff I can usually make it to 9pm without showing everyone my balls.

Lee_B said:
Tonight it was Bud...My usually tipple is Sol or Corona to be honest.

Amityville_horror.jpg

stop talking about Guinness, it makes me miss Ireland :(

also makes me miss Guinness, which they say tastes like shit over here, but I can't remember 'cause I've rarely had it other than in the land of its origin!

my girlfriend's uncle who lives in England said it even tastes like shit over there compared to when it hasn't been shipped and stored for so long.

lurch70 said:
cold temperature definetelly takes away most of the intended flavor of beer ... of course if mexican is your thing, there is no flavor to it anyway :loco:
This is about the most truthful statement in this thread. Except something like a pale ale, that shit tastes pretty gross anything but ice cold. And I like Mexican beer, but yeah, even the so-called good shit is just that, shit. :Spin:
JayKeeley said:
Find me a better dark stout than Guiness, it can't be done! Roast that barley motherfuckers, roast it!!
Dude Guiness is near the bottom of my list of stouts, seriously. You need to try a Mortality Stout by Reaper, that is very similar to a Guiness, very roasted and extremely smooth, but I can't even describe how much better it is. Then there's Deschutes Obsidian Stout, the BEST BEER IN TEH WORLD. I've tried to find a better beer since first having one of this babies about 6 years ago, I'm getting pretty convinced there isn't one out there! It is the absolute perfect stout. I normally stay away from stouts and porters during the summer, but I could drink an Obsidian any day of the year. Soooooooo good.

Papa Josh said:
Blah, fuck beer in a can. And that stupid little plastic piece doesn't do shit.
You're supposed to pour it into a glass, dontchaknow. :dopey:

I love draught cans. They don't beat an actual tap, but they are damn good.

JayKeeley said:
Again, there is no such thing as "warm beer". It's a specific temperature that it needs to be served at, say around 6 degrees Celsius (or 46 degrees Fahrenheit).

You can't complain about Starbucks and then make Budweiser your regular beer! :lol:

Draught cans are a good substitute - Boddingtons poured from a draught can into a pint glass is like solid cream. It's the cream of Manchester, by 'eck!

It is creamy... but too bitter. Have you ever had Tilburg's?? Wow, that shit is dark, but tastes so damn good!!