Beers...

I like Yuengling Black & Tan, Negra Modelo, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Lager... but as for Bud/Miller/Coors etc.,... I have been known to flog restaurateurs for only carrying those piss water swills.

I'm still a Newcastle guy, but speaking of swill, I tried a Budweiser Ale over the last weekend, and thought it was probably the best thing they ever made....It's no Newcastle, but wasn't bad....

I would give anything to bring an ice cold mug of Cruzcampo to my lips. It's a pilsner that, to my knowledge, isn't available in the States. :erk: Cruzcampo was the only beer I drank when I lived in Spain.

~ Jen

Ya know what would be kewl?? Everyone bringing a sixer or two of a beer they really enjoy, get an s'load of plastic cups, pick a place to meet at and have a ProgPower Meeting of the Beers tasting :p

Count me in for this! Great idea. :kickass:
Awesome idea. I'm in too.
1986_drinking_beer_from_a_mug.gif

Ditto.

Mater of fact I plan to hit a few beer places while in Atlanta during the day. A trip to the Vortex is a must everytime I go to Atlanta. I also am most likely going back to this place which I quite enjoyed!

http://www.brickstorepub.com

yeah, Coldie, Scott n' Dennis raved about that place...

I'm bringing some Belguim ale with me for the patio lounging after the show.. You staying at "the Inn" again this year??

Got one for you guys if you can find it... Gouden Carolus - brewed n' bottled by Brewery Het Anker in Belgium... Brewed only on the 24th of February in honor of the birthday of Charles V... The front of the bottle has a rough drawing of Charles on a horse with two stars and the saying 'Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw'... I think that stand for 'best damn beer EVER' :p

Let me tell ya Ladies n' Gents - this is probably one of the best I've ever had... and it's not just the 11% that's talking... :worship:notworthy

If anyone wants to try it, I plan on bringing a couple bottles with me to PPX

Got one for you guys if you can find it... Gouden Carolus - brewed n' bottled by Brewery Het Anker in Belgium... Brewed only on the 24th of February in honor of the birthday of Charles V... The front of the bottle has a rough drawing of Charles on a horse with two stars and the saying 'Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw'... I think that stand for 'best damn beer EVER' :p

Let me tell ya Ladies n' Gents - this is probably one of the best I've ever had... and it's not just the 11% that's talking... :worship:notworthy

Agreed... Gouden Carolus is one hell of a pint. :kickass:
Amazed you've actually tried it.... It was our staple drink one year when we followed Y&T and then Yngwie through Europe for 2 months. Ahh, the memories...:loco:

Count me in. We're hockey buds, right? That should save me a bottle :)