Beer

I went to this bar downtown last night and had some Strongbow

Hehe strongbow is probably the biggest cider brand in the UK. Very commercial, not particularly good. Although it is better than Blackthorn...

Id recommend Exhibition...If anyone else has drunk that cider, ill be impressed!

As for beer...there were a lot of names flying around i dont recognise. I gotta go sample some more. All i can add is that personally i find Hoegaarden a bit flowery...Ale wise I quite like Hobgoblin and Ringwood Fourty niner. Lager wise i like budvar and *blush* tiger beer :p Ive also got a soft spot for Red Stripe not because its any good, but because i associate it with drowning my sorrows...A job it does well.

last night i tried the phantom canyon dunkelweizen. another local brew. wasnt bad. really malty. i havnt seen a dark wheat before.
~gR~

I had Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine '08 last night. Really raw, extreme hops. 9.6% Seemed rather unbalanced to me. Apparently you're supposed to let this one age for a while, so I'll probably stash the rest of the six pack after I set one aside to review this week.

I had Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine '08 last night. Really raw, extreme hops. 9.6% Seemed rather unbalanced to me. Apparently you're supposed to let this one age for a while, so I'll probably stash the rest of the six pack after I set one aside to review this week.

Yeah, I had a couple of these recently. Definitely a strong hop bitterness. I think aging probably would smooth it out nicely.

My new addiction
samueladamswhite.jpg

Going to have to stock up so I can drink it all summer long.

Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer is nice, but Innis & Gunn Island Cask was so much better imo, too bad it was really limited. :(

picked up some new stuff today

bristol winter warlock- oatmeal stout
warsteiner dunkel- german dark (duh)

ive also been drinking the tommyknocker maple nut ale. not bad

i also got a bottle of don q rum, but that doesnt apply
~gR~

A couple brews I tried for the first time tonight:

Weihenstephaner Original - A pretty solid helles lager. Pretty typical. Not the best I've tried.

Ayinger Bräu Weisse - This is probably the best weiss bier I've had so far. Franziskaner was probably my favorite up until this point, but this lacks a lot of the citrusy, fruity flavor of a Franziskaner which is fine by me. Highly recommended.