Beer

It was Lindeman. Tasted alright. Shared it with my grandma :lol: had a really odd odor to it, that I'm not familiar with.

Drinking tonight, Green Flash West Coast IPA. Honestly this one is too bitter for me. Very highly rated beer for me but wow these are powerfully bitter.

Continuing my tour of California Double IPAs with Mission Shipwrecked today. This is one of the better ones I've had, tastes like a Double IPA should. Only thing it lacks is a bit of the lingering flavor in the mouth I like from other brands. Very tasty and crisp though, would buy again.

Lindeman's is not "true" lambic, so I would not judge the style on that (or anything with sweeteners added, actually). It's far too sweet and does not display the fruit character in a natural-enough way, in my opinion. Though they're expensive and the tartness/funk is a bit too harsh for some, Hanssens is my go-to for great, traditional lambic. 3 Fonteinen is great stuff as well, but very expensive.

My buddy gave me some Sam Adams Rebel IPAs. Holy Christ is it citrusy. Just grapefruit on top of grapefruit on top of hops. Still okay, but it lacks any definitive specialty. I'm pretty sure its 68% grapefruit juice.

actually Samuel Smith's Winter Ale is one of my favorites. That and Trader Joe's Anniversary ale (which usually comes out during winter)

Got a samuel smith winter ale today. Really fucking good, like every beer I've had from the brewery. Its taste is a fairly subtle hint at the spices in a really good beer, instead of drowning in them like the Great Lakes version i had. (Which admittedly wasnt bad, just different)

I also picked up Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 and Sierra Nevada Ovila Tripel. Both great stuff. Glad ive picked some winners. I was on a hard losing streak with craft beer there for a while.

Oh and has anyone tried Horny Goat - Black Vanilla IPA? Seems intriguing but could be an imminent drain pour in the waiting.

It looks badass too, which i know doesnt matter, but still.

12845.png

$14 here. I feel like it could be more expensive here because craft beers are rarer... But it could be cheaper because this state is so piss poor. :lol:

a few of us are on Untappd

Had Hangar 24's Pugachev's Cobra last night. Holy fuck. It's been a while since I've had it, but I remembered why I love it so goddamn much. It might be my favorite bourbon barrel aged stout. Clocks in at an ass kicking 18.4% if I remember correctly. So delicious