Beer

Having Dogfish Head's American Beauty on tap now. It's a malty, pine forward imperial IPA not unlike the 90 minute. It's good but does little to separate it from the pack.

Having Milwaukee's Best Premium from a can right now. It's a corny, metallic beer not unlike many macro brews. It's not that good but it really separates itself from the pack with its 12 cans for $5 price tag.

I really like 2.0, it's a nice revamp that keeps the intense bitterness of regular Ruination but doses it with some newer-school hop characteristics. They did a good job with it, imo.

That reminds me of something. The blue can Oskar Blues IPA (looking for a Lagunitas lawsuit if you ask me :lol:) has a wonderful grapefruity character to it because it uses only Australian hops. Apparently this decision was made because the most popular American hops are becoming more expensive.

speaking of Sculpin, made a San Diego run today. Went to Alesmith, Ballast Point, and Societe. Had to pick up my bottles of Reforged at Alesmith. It's their 20th anniversary ale which is a bourbon barrel aged blend of their Wee Heavy, Old Numbskull barleywine, and Speedway Stout. The first two beers are definitely prominent in the flavor...not so much Speedway

At Ballast Point I had a new rye IPL they brewed, and it was tasty. Also tried their new stout, Commodore, which was really good.

Societe is one of my favorites, with The Pupil, being one of my favorite IPAs. Had one of those and their Czech pilsner.

good day

No, Alesmith is moving into a MUCH bigger facility, so Mikkeller is moving into their old spot.

In other news, Ballast Point is opening a location in Long Beach that's like ten minutes from my apartment and will more than likely be the death of me.

If that doesn't kill me, Modern Times is opening a location in DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES

what a time to be alive

Yeah they announced it after Golden Road said they were selling out to ABInBev. Gonna have six fermenter tanks, coffee operation, and food service. Blueprints were leaked showing the zip code was 90014, so right in downtown. Goddamn I can't wait

Good for Modern Times... from what I hear, they deserve it! Is Mike/The Mad Fermentationist still heading their sour program or whatever he was up to?

Yup! They and Firestone Walker are in my fridge more than any other brewery (with Deschutes close behind). Modern Times just makes really solid beer. Fortunate Islands is one of my go-tos