Behemoth - Hard work brings success

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Polish black metallers BEHEMOTH have just returned from their first-ever South American tour and within a few days, will kick off a U.K. trek, to be followed by a North American tour.

Commented frontman Nergal: "To be honest, we didn't feel that much energy for a long time. Maybe it's the new lineup, maybe a new, killer album, maybe new contracts...maybe part of each. But the shows we deliver these days are one of the best we played ever and that is the fact! We feel like we got something to say with 'Demigod' and we will push hard and will not give up! I don't wanna say that this album is our 'be or not to be' but yes, it's opening new doors and I'd like to believe it's some kind of pay-off to all the hard work and dedication. One thing is obvious, there is so much confidence in the band nowadays and we are on the right track to prove it!"

Regarding their touring plans, Nergal said, "We are not gonna stop. On the 13th we are kicking off in Brighton and do the first headlining tour in Great Britain. I know it's very difficult market but 'Demigod' have a great press there and I really wanna give it a try. Right after the show we play in London we get ourselves on the plane to Atlanta to join SUFFOCATION and do one-month long tour in U.S. I can't wait to do it. We will be there right on time as 'Demigod' has its street date on the January 25th. It's gonna be amazing... New songs, new line up...it all works sooo perfect these days...I wanna show it to the American audience."

Asked to look back on last year and comment on what the year 2004 has meant for BEHEMOTH, Nergal aggressively spat out, "I hate this kind of categories. What is 2004? For me there is no difference, no meaning really... I have worked hard for last 12 months and I'm gonna work even harder for the next 12 months. The funny thing is all that 'best for 2005' wishes we got from all pseudo friends, backstabbers... People who used to hurt or disturb us in this way or another. Keep these wishes for yourself. We need no hypocrisy here, no Santa Clauses, no Christmas, no New Year's wishes...we are FAR beyond all that catholic bullshit. BEHEMOTH is what it is. One of the most hard-working bands on the planet and we will win our happiness and tranquility with OUR determination and consequence."

In other news, BEHEMOTH have scheduled dates for their long-awaited Polish tour organized in cooperation with their longtime Polish partners Michael and Mystic Productions.

"I'm sooo happy bout playing in all those places again," said Nergal. "We wanna give you quality and killer set so...that is the reason why it took so long to complete this tour and decide about the lineup.

It's great to have our friends from FRONTSIDE on the bill. Their new album is one of recent highlights... and PANDEMONIUM. Man, it's thrilling ... I used to be their fan in early '80s...it feels like this tour is gonna be nothing but amazing event! See ya all soon brothers!!!"
----

Can't wait to get the new album on the 25th. I will be seeing them with Cattle Decapitation and Suffocation at BB Kings in New York on February 16 and then again with King Diamond and Nile on April 19 at BB Kings in New York.

TheGraveDigger said:
Asked to look back on last year and comment on what the year 2004 has meant for BEHEMOTH, Nergal aggressively spat out, "I hate this kind of categories. What is 2004? For me there is no difference, no meaning really... I have worked hard for last 12 months and I'm gonna work even harder for the next 12 months. The funny thing is all that 'best for 2005' wishes we got from all pseudo friends, backstabbers... People who used to hurt or disturb us in this way or another. Keep these wishes for yourself. We need no hypocrisy here, no Santa Clauses, no Christmas, no New Year's wishes...we are FAR beyond all that catholic bullshit. BEHEMOTH is what it is. One of the most hard-working bands on the planet and we will win our happiness and tranquility with OUR determination and consequence."

Wow. Imagine if somebody asked him why his mother's so fat.

i like his approach to the way we categorize time in years and days and as if when our created intervals end things somehow change, and that it means something. -- and that he thinks that's all bullshit, because so do i. however i don't agree that those things are necessarily catholic or christian at all: christmas is, new years and santa are not. i think as a lot of black metal bands do, he generalizes that anything remotely celebratory is lumped into the "all evil" that is christianity, and i disagree with that point of view. still, i hope their tour kicks ass.

I think the idea of seconds, minutes, years etc is a load of shite as well. Humanity should just bin all our watches, clocks etc and do without this outdated concept of "time".
:guh: