Believe in God?

No, you see, I think logically (or attempt to..).

Omnipotency, or a belief in it, is simply absurd.
'I have never seen God, you have never seen God"
-Warrel Dane, STOG
You're simply placing a belief in an extremely irrational fairytale. Without any evidence. That's not faith, it's absurdity.

That's the thing, u have no idea what i base my beliefs on. I don't believe because the bible tells me to. I agree with you, the bible is flawed in many ways. It teaches some pretty good life lessons, sure, but it's not what i base my beliefs on. I believe more because there have been times where things weren't going a way that i anticipated, i asked for some help and things (seemingly) miraculously turned around. And it's not like it's happened just once or twice, if so i could chalk it up to coincidence, however, it has happened too many times and too quickly after asking, that i can't just say "coincidence." My personal experience is what i base it on, not just somebody else telling me to believe. Doing that, without formulating your opinion is absurdity

So, chance has been good to you, therfore there is some 'higher power'. Your logic is odd. Whatever, I'm thirsty.

retarded penguin said:
Actually, I *know* there is no higher power.
It's not a matter of 'belief'.
that is a very lame thing to say. as if you were saying: "I'm the transcendental story-teller, I know it all, how the story goes, cuz I created it."

I don't know, cuz I can't know. if there is God.
but I do know there is higher power. cuz I've experienced it on my own skin.
and whatever. :)

Satan had a little priest
Little priest, little priest
Satan had a little priest who raped these little boys
Every where that the boys went
the boys went, the boys went
Everywhere that the boys wents, the priest was there to blow
BBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

My small bit:

I see that this world is lost yet everytime a thread like this comes up nothing good ever becomes of it. It's sad, if you people actually bring this topic up you shouldn't be stubborn and stagnant about it. Maybe you could look at the aspect of God from an angle of true desire to understand. Atheists/agnosticists always want to bash, flame, or refute. Very rarely do they ever genuinely want to know.

No, this is a board for Nevermore fans.

Opinions on God are irrevelant and they are only opinions and I asked the question out of curiosity.