Beneath the Mire solo

I think that randy rhoads showed us anything is possible when it comes to tracking. I'm not that surprised that you double-tracked it mike, but its still damn impressive!

Moonlapse said:
Haha, I'm not naming names any more. They're all just faceless solos to me now and shall be judged on their own merit, regardless of who played them. Having said that, I still think the last solo is more detrimental to the song than anything else.

About the TGC solo, I totally agree man. I made the first tab of that thing... like 2 days after Haver leaked it off that online radio station, way prior to the album's release. It just totally kicked my ass. Mike has seriously been the only guitarist that's ever managed to create such synergy between a backing riff and a lead part... he's a very very talented soloist.

I really don't see how you can say that its "detrimental" to the song...
In what way exactly?

I think it brings the song to a very tastful and fufilling climax..
(also just because a solo is not technical, doesn't mean it can't still be very good)

Just my opinion..

Netheral said:
For everyone whos interested in the tuning....in a german guitar magazine Mikael explained in an interview which tuning they use on Ghost Reveries.
He said that they are using the open tuning D-A-D-F-A-E for the whole album. Dunno if it's right, but thats what Mikael said.
D-A-D-F-A-D*