Your Order

GTFO of my head. But why did you switch D1/D2?
I need to be in the right mood if I want to listen to Damnation, or else I find myself missing the dynamic changes. And when I do feel like listening to Damnation's songs, it often takes the form of watching Lamentations.

1. Blackwater Park (Drapery Falls, Harvest, Blackwater Park)
2. Damnation (Windowpane, To Rid the Disease, In My Time of Need)
3. My Arms, Your Hearse (The Amen Corner, April Ethereal, Demon of the Fall & Credence)
4. Orchid (Under the Weeping Moon, The Twilight is My Robe, In Mist She Was Standing)
5. Still Life (Face of Melinda, The Moor, White Cluster)
6. Morningrise (To Bid you Farewell, Nectar, Black Rose Immortal)
7. Deliverance (A Fair Judgement, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices)
8. Ghost Revieries (Harlequin Forest, Baying of the Hounds, Ghost of Perdition)

1 - Morningrise
2 - Damnation
3 - Blackwater Park
4 - Deliverance
5 - Ghost Reveries
6 - Still Life
7 - My Arms, Your Hearse
8 - Orchid

:S i'm feeling confused .... no one puts Morningrise in the first position :S

Still Life
My Arms Your Hearse
Deliverance
Ghost Reveries
Blackwater Park
Orchid
Damnation
Morningrise

BWP used to be my fav. but i noticed i grew less and less fond of it as time went on. Personally. it didnt stand up to years of repeated listening the same way my top 3 did...

Ghost Reveries
Blackwater Park
Morningrise
Still Life
Deliverance
Damnation
MAYH
Orchid

Roughly how mine would go. I love all albums though, it's just in order of preference really.

Yew guyz iz all a bunch of slagz and yew iz rongz!

1. Morningrise
2. Orchid
3. Still Life
4. Blackwater Park
5. Damnation
6. My Arms, Your Hearse
7. Deliverence
8. Ghost Reveries

I sense that I might be flamed. Fuck you all! I'm right >.<

1. Baby One More Time
2. Oops!&#8230; I Did It Again
3. Britney
4. In the Zone
5. Blackout
6. No Strings Attached
7. Celebrity
8. The Land Before Time XVIIXXVI

shit wrong forum

My Arms Your Hearse (April Ethereal, When, Demon of the Fall)
Still Life (Benighted, Face of Melinda, Serenity Painted Death)
Morningrise (Advent, Black Rose Immortal, To Bid You Farewell)
Orchid (In Mist She Was Standing, Silhouette, Forest of October)
Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, Harlequin Forest, The Grand Conjuration)
Blackwater Park (Harvest, The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park)
Damnation (Closure, Hope Leaves, Weakness)
Deliverance (Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, Master's Apprentices)

Note: the songs are not in order of my favourite ones

1 - My Arms,Your Hearse : This albums means a lot to me as I have posted on several other threads,lyrics,story,riffs and the great vocals of Mikael make this album the best in my opinion. There is NO bad/not so good songs in this album in my opinion.

I cannot make my top 3 songs here since I love all of them.I cant choose any 3 if it would be 5 then maybe;but again,it would still be pretty hard.

2- Still Life : Again on concept,vocals,riffs,story same thing as the My Arms,Your Hearse.The reason why it is the second is that while I am listening to it,I cannot illustrate whats been told in songs as a whole,on Face of Melinda and The Moor it is possible I think,but on others I just feel like there is something missing here and thats the atmosphere.While listening to MAYH,I can feel the ghost's anger/sorrow,smell the areas he is haunting,watch him as he follows his lover and hear his screams.Still Life just cant make me feel that.

Top 3 :

1-Face of Melinda
2-The Moor
3-Serenity Painted Death

3-Blackwater Park : This and all others are not concepts ( although GR is half-concept) so lyrics are different ( if I am mistaken about the concept thing tell me) .This makes it weaker in atmosphere of the album in my opinion.So lets come to the album.It is a very good album with great songs,good production and as much as anything you can expect from Opeth.I cant find anything more to add about it,it is just a great album at all.

Top 3 :

1-Bleak
2-Harvest
3-The Funeral Portrait

4-Ghost Reveries : Production is top-class in this album.I think this is the best thing about this album,the sound being so good.When we come to the songs,I think I cant find any weak songs here as well,they are all decent although you dont get the same feeling in MAYH ( I am starting to be a MAYH fan-boy ! ).It might feel repetitive and stupid that I keep talking about MAYH but I just cant stop thinking about,it is the masterpiece of Opeth for me and all others cannot match MAYH.Vocals are great and lyrics are not bad at all,especially GoP and TBOTH lyrics are very good.It is a good album.Although The Grand Conjuration doesnt feel like a Opeth song,it is also a good song but not an Opeth song in my opinion.

Top 3:

1-Ghost of Perdition
2-The Baying of the Hounds
3-Beneath the Mire

4-Damnation : A great soft-rock album.Smooth melodies take your breath and after listening it whole,you feel like you are calm and peaceful.Vocals are top class,a good example of Mikael's soft vocal technique.It is a very good album again makes you feel like you have just prayed.

Top 3 :

1-Windowpane
2-In My Time of Need
3-To Rid the Disease

5-Orchid : Opeth's first album.It is an excellent album in my opinion,its weakest part is the production and that is okay since it is their first album.You can see what makes Opeth unique in this album;acoustic parts and heavy parts fit together well and make a good structure.All songs are quite good.Some production mistakes are here and there but they are not a big problem

Top 3 :

1-Twilight is My Robe
2-Forest of October
3-Under the Weeping Moon

6-Morningrise : Hardest to get into I think.It has decent songs but you need to listen to them several times to understand them and like them.I think I will get a lot flames for this but I dont like Black Rose Immortal that much since it is too long and I kinda get bored.It feels like a clothing that you take lots of pieces of other clothes and stitch them together.Too many riffs and it makes it hard to focus on one.Although first 10 minutes is amazing so I think it would have been shorter and thats my opinion ofcourse,respect it :p.

Top 3 :

1-The Night and the Silent Water
2-To Bid You Farewell
3-Nectar

My Arms, Your Hearse
Morningrise
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Orchid
Still Life
Ghost Reveries
Damnation