Your Order

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
Hey dudes, the question this time is how would you order the opeth albums from your favourite/best work in a list. IMO there is no Bad Opeth album, so the ones farther on the list does not mean they arent good, cause they all are amazing in a way. Include your 3 favourite songs of each album.

My order goes.

1.Still Life- I don't think album could ever be surpassed, it is the best work, the Magnum Opus, the album with the most originality. The perfect blend of mellowness and heaviness. The Moor , FOM and Serenity Painted Death best songs on the album. The moor is proably the best Opeth song.

2.BlackwaterPark/Ghost Reveries. To me it is just too hard to say which one is better because they are both equally as good. I know there is some GR haters or shit talkers but whoever does are just stupid fucks or just posers. They think its commercial album because they signed to RR, the fucking album was written before then haha and whoeever says its shit are just scared to admit they like it, Grand conjuration is amazing I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks. Anyway, Blackwater Park was the first album I got into and I just love it so much, some of the best tracks. Ghost Reveries has the best heavy/clean vocals, Ghsot of perdition is one of the best songs, and hours of wealth is probably the second best Opeth mellow track. Face of melinda or Bid u farewell probably being number 1. Both albums rule so hard :headbang: Leper Affinity, Bleak, BWP best songs on the album, and GOP, Hours of wealth and Beneath The Mire my favourites of Ghost Reveries.

3.Morningrise- Almost another tie with MAYH, But I didnt wanna have 2 draws on this list, Morningrise wins because of To Bid You Farewell and BRI.

4.My Arms Your Hearse- When, Demon Of The Fall, April Ethereal best songs on the album

5.Deliverance. Title Track and Fair Judgement best 2 songs on the album.

6.Damnation, Windowpane, Closure, Hope Leaves.

7.Orchid- In The Mist She Was Standing, Forest of October, Silhouette.

Lets see all your lists!! :headbang:

1. Still Life
2. Ghost Reveries
3. Blackwater Park
4. Damnation
5. MAYH
6. Deliverance
7. Orchid
8. Morningrise

The ordering is really hard after the first two. No, it's just hard. My favorites change depending on my mood. Last month I pretty much only listened to Orchid, and it was my favorite at that time. Overall, though, this is the average.

1. Still Life
2. MAYH
3. Blackwater Park
4. Deliverance
5. Morningrise
6. GR
7. Damnation
8. Orchid

Morningrise, GR, and Damnation are ranked pretty much the same IMO.

haha just wrote this in another thread, but ill copy it here
1. Still Life
2. Bwp
3. Mayh
4. Orchid
5. Morningrise
6. Deliverance
7. Damnation
8. Gr
It's pretty hard to rank damnation with the others as its different to the others, but I guess thats how it would go. 5-8 would change around a bit, but thats how I feel atm.

1. Blackwater Park (Bleak, Funeral Portrait, Blackwater Park)
1. Deliverance (Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, By the Pain I See In Others)
3. Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, Beneath the Mire, Harlequin Forest)
3. Still Life (The Moor, Face of Melinda, White Cluster)
5. My Arms, Your Hearse (April Ethereal, When, Amen Corner)
6. Damnation (Windowpane, In My Time of Need, Death Whispered a Lullaby)
7. Orchid (Under the Weeping Moon)
8. Morningrise (Nectar)

I've really fallen for BWP lately. I can remember a time not even two months ago when it would have been
near the bottom of my list. But not anymore...!

Feel like I've posted this many times before. But I will post again. Bet it's changed though.

1. Blackwater Park
2. Damnation
3. Still Life
4. Ghost Reveries
5. My Arms, Your Hearse
6. Deliverance
7. Orchid
8. Morningrise

With that being said, I feckin' love all of them.

1. Blackwater Park
2. Still Life | Ghost Reveries
3. Damnation
4. Morningrise
5. My Arms, Your Hearse
6. Deliverance
7. Orchid

Deliverance and Orchid being on the last 2 positions doesn't mean that I dislike them, I love every album...

1. Ghost Reveries / Blackwater Park (it's really hard to choose between these)
2. Still Life
3. Damnation
4. Morningrise
5. My Arms, Your Hearse
6. Orchid
7. Deliverance

i'm hoping watershed will take number 1 or 2

I haven't heard all of Still Life or GR yet, and I'm not the biggest fan of BWP, but my fave Opeth albums and 3 favourite tracks from each are as follows:

My Arms, Your Hearse- When, Demon of the Fall, Credence (hard choice leaving out April Ethereal and Madrigal)
Morningrise- Nectar, Black Rose Immortal, To Bid you Farewell
Deliverance- Deliverance, A Fair Judgment, For Absent Friends (only 3? Come on, I love the whole album!)
Damnation- Windowpane, To Rid the Disease, Weakness (again, that was tough)
Blackwater Park- Bleak, Harvest, Funeral Portrait...like I said I'm not that huge over this album
Orchid- In the Mist She was Standing, Under the Weeping Moon, The Apostle in Triumph

1- Blackwater Park (Leper Affinity, Funeral Portrait, BWP)
2- My Arms Your Hearse (April Ethereal, The Amen Corner, Demon Of The Fall)
3- Morningrise (The Night And The Silent Water, BRI, TBYF)
4- Still Life (Godheads Lament, Moonlapse Vertigo, Face Of Melinda)
5- Ghost Reveries (GOP, Beneath The Mire, Hours Of Wealth)
6- Orchid (In Mist She Was Standing, Under The Weeping Moon, The Twilight is My Robe)
7- Damnation (Windowpane, In My Time Of Need, To Rid The Disease)
8- Deliverance (Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, Master' s Apprentice)

1. Deliverance
2. Still Life
3. My Arms, Your Hearse
4. Damnation
5. Morningrise
6. Blackwater Park
7. Ghost Reveries
8. Orchid

impossible to name 3 favourite tracks of the albums, since i consider the albums as a whole ...

1. Blackwater Park
2. Still Life
3. Ghost Reveries
4. My Arms, Your Hearse
5. Damnation
6. Orchid
7. Morningrise
8. Deliverance

Not an easy decision... anyway, here I go:

1. Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, The Baying of the Hounds, Isolation Years)
2. Damnation (Windowpane, Closure, To Rid the Disease)
3. Blackwater Park (Bleak, The Funeral Portrait, Blackwater Park)
4. Still Life (The Moor, Face of Melinda, Serenity Painted Death)
5. Deliverance (Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, Master's Appretinces)
6. My Arms, Your Hearse (April Ethereal, Karma, Epilogue)
7. Morningrise (Advent, The Night and the Silent Water, To Bid You Farewell)
8. Orchid (Under the Weeping Moon, Silhouette, The Apostle in Triumph)

Watershed....maybe...hopefully ??

Still Life / + 1 It's currently my fav. So many great songs. A masterpiece !
Deliverance / - 1 I find myself skipping Wreath when listening to this album
MAYH / The more I hear it the more I likes. A lot of great work here
BWP / Same as MAYH.
Orchid / If this album came out last week & had modern production it would be #2 or #3
GR / I played it 100x's when it came out. Maybe I overplayed it ?? I'm just not that interested in this album anymore
Damnation / The Damnation tour was amongst my favorite live shows. On the stereo, it just doesn't capture the same magic ??
Morningrise / A couple great songs, a couple of my least favorite Opeth tracks. It's my least favorite album

:headbang:
1 Still Life
2 Damnation
3 Blackwater Park
4 My Arms Your Hearse
5 Ghost Reveries
6 Deliverance
7 Orchid
8 Morningrise
:worship:

My list, with my favorite songs from each album:

1. My Arms, Your Hearse (April Ethereal, When, Credence, Demon Of The Fall, Karma)
2. Deliverence (Deliverence, A Fair Judgement, Master's Apprentices, By The Pain I See In Others)
3. Blackwater Park (Bleak, Harvest, Dirge For November, The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park)
4. Ghost Reveries (Ghost Of Perdition, The Baying Of The Hounds, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Hours Of Wealth, Isolation Years)

5. Damnation (Windowpane, In My Time Of Need, Hope Leaves, To Rid The Disease)
6. Orchid (In Mist She Was Standing, Under The Weeping Moon, Silhouette, The Apostle In Triumph)
7. Still Life (The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Benighted, Serenity Painted Death)
8. Morningrise (Advent, The Night And The Silent Water, Nectar, To Bid You Farewell)

1. Still Life (Godhead's Lament, Face of Melinda, Serenity Painted Death)
2. Blackwater Park (Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Dirge for November)
3. Deliverance (Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, Master's Apprentices)
4. MAYH (Demon of the Fall, Credence, Karma)
5. Damnation (Windowpane, Closure, In My Time of Need)
6. Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Hours of Wealth)
7. Orchid (Silhouette, The Twilight is my Robe, Under The Weeping Moon)
8. Morningrise (Advent, The Night and the Silent Water, To Bid You Farewell)