Your Order

1. Deliverance (aye im original I guess)
2. .....A sense of Purpose...
3. MAYH
4. Ghost reveries
5. Blackwater Park
6. Still Life
7. Damnation
8. Morningrise
9. Orchid

I dont get how people can like the first two albums so much they are just too poor quality to listen to, thats what I think. I know there are some really good songs there though and honestly, I wouldnt have bought the tapes if they hadn't played those two old songs. MAYH is possibly opeth's greatest or ghost reveries if I should look on the general perspective. MAYH because their sound really matured and GR because its just a perfect blend of everything and per wiberg of course.

Deliverance holds a special place in my heart though because it was the first song I heard and when I purchased the album (my second opeth album, got MAYH first) well, I found nirvana (not the band btw, but the state of mind...)

Havent listened to stil life much though so I cant really judge but once again I think recording problems downgrades the album..

1. My Arms, Your Hearse - "April Ethereal", "Demon of the Fall", "Credence"
2. Blackwater Park - "Blackwater Park", "Bleak", "The Leper Affinity"
3. Still Life - "Face of Melinda", "Serenity Painted Death", "Benighted"
4. Deliverance - "Master's Apprentices", "A Fair Judgment", "Deliverance"
5. Morningrise - "The Night And The Silent Water", "To Bid You Farewell", "Black Rose Immortal"
6. Damnation - "Hope Leaves", "Closure", "To Rid The Disease"
7. Orchid - "Under The Weeping Moon", "Forest of October", "Silhouette"
8. Ghost Reveries - "Reverie/Harlequin Forest", "Ghost of Perdition", "Isolation Years"

1. Deliverance (aye im original I guess)
2. .....A sense of Purpose...
3. MAYH
4. Ghost reveries
5. Blackwater Park
6. Still Life
7. Damnation
8. Morningrise
9. Orchid

I dont get how people can like the first two albums so much they are just too poor quality to listen to, thats what I think. I know there are some really good songs there though and honestly, I wouldnt have bought the tapes if they hadn't played those two old songs. MAYH is possibly opeth's greatest or ghost reveries if I should look on the general perspective. MAYH because their sound really matured and GR because its just a perfect blend of everything and per wiberg of course.

Deliverance holds a special place in my heart though because it was the first song I heard and when I purchased the album (my second opeth album, got MAYH first) well, I found nirvana (not the band btw, but the state of mind...)

Havent listened to stil life much though so I cant really judge but once again I think recording problems downgrades the album..
In Flames fan?

1. Ghost reveries (ghost of perdition, atonement,reverie/harlequin forest)
2. Damnation (windowpane, closure, ending credits)
3. Still life (the moor, moonlapse vertigo, face of melinda)
4. Blackwater Park (the lepper affinity, harvest, blackwater park)
5. Deliverance (deliverance, a fair judgement, for absent friends)
6. MAYH (madrigal, the amen corner, epilogue)
7. Morningrise (to bid you farewell, advent, black rose immortal)
8. Orchid (under the weeping moon, forest of october, apostle in triumph)

the top 3 are very close, and I just cant really get into the last 2 as much, still all great though.:Smokin:

my list according to how i listen to them at this point...

Deliverance
Morningrise
Blackwater Park
My Arms, Your Hearse
Damnation
Still Life
Ghost Reveries
Orchid

1. still life
2.MAYH
3.ghost reveries
4.blackwater park
5.damnation
6.deliverance
7.morningrise
8.orchid

its good to see everyones different opinion. i personally cannot separate any of the albums. they are all awsome in their own way. each to their own!!
bring on watershed.

I'm actually surprised to see that "Morningrise" is often placing in the last position. Not that I disagree with it at all (#7 for me), but somehow I had the idea that it was a fan favourite.

I'm actually surprised to see that "Morningrise" is often placing in the last position. Not that I disagree with it at all (#7 for me), but somehow I had the idea that it was a fan favourite.

Morningrise is either loved or hated. It's the "hardcore" fan favourite, but to the newer fans usually is not that great. Imo, the songs on it are really good, but, as much as clichéd it is for me to say, the production's really bad. So it's number seven for me too.

Progression/progressive/progress-wise: The reverse order in which the albums were eleased.

Otherwise: Depends on my mood.

I usually take long amounts of time with each album to fully absorb them. Right now I've been listening to a lot tof Morningrise. All songs are amazing in their own right, but how about these 3 at this time (in the following order):

TNATSW
TBYF
Advent

Still Life
Morningrise
My Arms, Your Hearse
Blackwater Park
Orchid
Ghost Reveries
Damnation
Deliverance

SL will always be #1
Morningrise due to the acoustic passages
MAYH and BWP chop and change, but MAYH due to the duel guitars in AE and When
I love Orchid, most don't, great replay value.
GR is great but not a fan of TGC.
Damnation just misses the dynamics of the other albums.
Deliverance is lacking, unless equipped with Damnation by its side (IMO how it should have been released).

Opinions are awesome.

Am I the only one with Ghost Reveries as their least favorite?

Well, I honestly dont feel like making a list because I honestly cant choose between all the albums but GR is for sure my least favorite, its still a great album tho, just not up to par with the others.

Still Life
Damnation
Ghost Reveries
Blackwater Park
My Arms, Your Hearse
Deliverance
Orchid
Morningrise

My favorite tracks are in order btw.

1. Still Life - Godhead's Lament, Moonlapse Vertigo, The Moor
2. My Arms Your Hearse - When, April Ethereal, The Amen Corner
3. Morningrise - Advent, To Bid You Farewell, Black Rose Immortal
4. Blackwater Park - The Drapery Falls, Bleak, The Leper Affinity
5. Deliverance - Wreath, Deliverance, A Fair Judgment
6. Ghost Reveries - Ghost Of Perdition, The Baying Of The Hounds, Beneath The Mire
7. Damnation - Windowpane, In My Time Of Need, Closure
8. Orchid - The Twilight Is My Robe, The Apostle In Triumph, Under The Weeping Moon

^best list so far

1.Still Life - overwhelming material, compositions on their own level. The story is good, could be better. (TM, GL, MV)
2.Orchid - Beautiful, groundbreaking. Nice sounds. The compositions are good, but the quality of playing only average. (TTIMR, IMSWS, TAIT)
3.Deliverance - A solid record, with some nice surprising, unorthodox ideas here and there. Brutal and not unneededly complicated. (D, W, AFJ)
4.Blackwater Park - Another solid record, from start to finish. No major weaknesses here. Perfect album for a newbie (DFN, BWP, TLA)
5.Morningrise - Combination of ingeniouty and tastelessness. The riffs are brutal and great, but they are repeated for too long, especially in Advent. Production could be better. (BRI, TBYF, N)
6.Damnation - No bad at all, but haven't listened to it for ages. DWAL doesn't sound Opeth. (TRTD, WP, C)
7.My Arms Your Hearse - Overrated IMO. Production bad, so are vocals, especially in Credence. Used to like it much, still do to some extent. (TAC, AE, E)
8.Ghost Reveries - decent ideas here and there, but no soul. (TBOTH, IY, GOP)