Your Order

I can't ever put opeths album into a list because it always changes. MAYH used to be at the top but Orchid and Morningrise always take it's place. I love the first two albums for the fact that there are constant riff changes. It feels like (in fear of sounding corny) a journey. You start in one place and you end in a totally different place. These albums actually made me really start loving music as a whole because at times I was literally taken into the music and it became like a visual experience for me.

1. Blackwater Park (The Leper Affinity, The Funeral Portrait, The Drapery Falls)
2. Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, Beneath The Mire, Hours of Wealth)
3. Still Life (Serenity Painted Death, White Cluster, The Moor)
4. Deliverance (Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, Wreath)
5. My Arms Your Hearse (Karma, The Amen Corner, Deamon of The Fall)
6. Morningrise (To Bid You Farewall, Black Rose Immortal, Night And The Silent Water)
7. Orchid (Forest of October, In The Mist She Was Standing, Under The Weeping Moon)
8. Damnation (To Rid The Disease, Closure, Death Whispered a Lulliby)

Impossible. I can only name my favourites for each album :)

Orchid: The Twilight Is My Robe, The Apostle In Triumph, In Mist She Was Standing
Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal, Advent, The Night and The Silent Water
My Arms, Your Hearse: April Ethereal, When, Demon of The Fall
Still Life: Serenity Painted Death, Face of Melinda, The Moor
Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park, The Leper Affinity, The Drapery Falls
Deliverance: Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, Master's Apprentices
Damnation: Windowpane, To Rid The Disease, In My Time of Need
Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition, Harlequin Forest, Beneath the Mire

Gah, this is REALLY difficult...

So I'll order them in 'the best albums I've ever heard' order, with the higher number meaning better.... so the album with number 666 is the best...

648. Orchid [Under The Weeping Moon, Silhouette, In Mist She Was Standing]
660. My Arms, Your Hearse [Epilogue, The Amen Corner, Demon Of The Fall]
661. Blackwater Park [Bleak, Blackwater Park, Dirge For November]
662. Morningrise [Black Rose Immortal, To Bid You Farewell]
663. Still Life (explanation unnescesarry) [White Cluster, Face Of Melinda, The Moor]
664. Damnation (It's so emotive, makes me cry(almost)) [Closure, Weakness, Ending Credits]
665. Ghost Reveries! (it's a fking masterpiece) [Beneath The Mire, Harlequin Forest, Hours Of Wealth]
666. De-li-ver-ance! (at the moment) [Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, By The Pain I See In Others]

blackwater park; all of it equally, first death metal album i ever listened to.

ghost reveries-ghost of perdition, isolation years, baying of the hounds

damn, i have to think about this....................................

orchid- in the mist she was standing, the twilight is my robe, under the weeping moon. love the whole album equally though

my arms, your hearse-the amen corner, when, credence, demon of the fall (couldn't leave demon out)

still life-moonlapse vertigo, the moor, godheads lament, serenity painted death, melinda (more beautiful than a woman in my eyes, second dm album i ever listened to, first one i ever got, but i literally played it back to back for a year straight cause I didn't have bwp, my friend let me listen to it once. so thats why its down here. I still love it to death.)

damnation-windowpane, in my time of need, death whispered a lullaby, hope leaves. (gorgeous album, but just a little too depressing for me)

deliverance- a fair judgement, deliverance/btpisin, masters apprentaces(complex song structure, great album, but a few songs are too repetitive, like wreath. wreath is still awesome though)

morningrise-bla ro mortoo!(METUUUUUUUULLLL!!!), advent, to bid you farewell(awesome album in its entirety, i just wish there was more lead guitar in it)

i love them all equally, so i cant really compare and contrast, i love them all equally

1. Blackwater Park (The Leper Affinity, Bleak, BWP)
2. Morningrise (The Night And The Silent Water, Black Rose Immortal, To Bid You Farewell)
3. My Arms, Your Hearse (April Ethereal, When, Karma)
4. Still Life (The Moor, Moonlapse Vertigo, Serenity Painted Death)
5. Deliverance (Wreath, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices)
6. Ghost Reveries (Ghost Of Perdition, Baying Of The Hounds, Harlequin Forest)
7. Damnation (Windowpane, Hope Leaves, To Rid The Disease)
8. Orchid (In The Mist She Was Standing, The Twilight Is My Robe, The Apostle In Triumph)

1. My Arms, Your Hearse - When, Demon of the Fall, April Ethereal
2. Blackwater Park - Blackwater Park, Bleak, Dirge For November
3. Ghost Reveries - The Baying of the Hounds, Beneath the Mire, Isolation Years
4. Still Life - White Cluster, Godhead's Lament, Face of Melinda
5. Deliverance - Master's Apprentices (the only reason this cd is before Damnation is because of this track), Wreath, Deliverance
6. Damnnation - Hope Leaves, In My Time of Need, To Rid the Disease
7. Orchid - In Mist She Was Standing, Forest of October, Under the Weeping Moon
8. Morningrise - The Night and the Silent Water, Nectar, To Bid You Farewell

1. Blackwater Park - It's what got me into Death Metal. I had never considered it because of the vocals before. Then I heard "Harvest" and "Drapery Falls". Drapery continues to be my favorite song of all time by anyone. Love the rest except for "Dirge".

2. My Arms, Your Hearse - The riffs on April Ethereal, When, and The Amen Corner are just ridiculous. I get the most "visuals" from this album. Love "Karma" too.

3. Still Life - Wow. Stunning. Moonlapse Vertigo, White Cluster, The Moor.

4. Ghost Reveries - Really solid all the way through, with Ghost of Perdition being one of their best songs ever. Love Isolation Years too.

5. Morningrise - Advent, baby!

6. Deliverance - Hard to get into for me, except for A Fair Judgement. Much fewer "pretty" sections on this album.

7. Orchid - haven't really listened to it much. I do love "Under the Weeping Moon"

8. Damnation - I feel like their best acoustic and clean vocal songs have been elsewhere. There's not much here to get me listening.

Opeth is probably the hardest band for me to do this for... but I'll try.

Blackwater Park/ My Arms/ Still Life (it took me a while to realize these were the best, but it took a long time to come to that conclusion)

Morningrise (this was my favorite for a while, but the songwriting isn't that great)

Ghost Reveries/Deliverance (great albums... like them all)

Damnation/Orchid (the first one is a little immature, and Damnation isn't dynamic enough for me, still amazing though)

This thread fails. Ranking Opeth's discography is blasphemy. Blasphemy I say!
It is pretty doggy to rate them in order as there is something awesome about each one, but after a few years I was able to rate them in order it's pretty hard, because there isn't a huge distance between them in terms of better/worse. Even though gr was my bottom choice its still a really great album. Over time I've felt there albums while all being great, some range from pretty great to flawless.

It is pretty doggy to rate them in order as there is something awesome about each one, but after a few years I was able to rate them in order it's pretty hard, because there isn't a huge distance between them in terms of better/worse. Even though gr was my bottom choice its still a really great album. Over time I've felt there albums while all being great, some range from pretty great to flawless.

I understand what you're saying, but I just can't do it. My "favorite" album varies every so often.

1. Blackwater Park
2. Damnation
3. Deliverance
4. Ghost Reveries
5. Morningrise
6. My Arms, Your Hearse
7. Still Life
8. Orchid

Thats pretty much my order..it was kinda hard how to put the last ones in because after the first few, the others were just in a mix to my liking, i liked them just as much.

I understand what you're saying, but I just can't do it. My "favorite" album varies every so often.
Fair enough, I do go through that sometimes as well, but as a top 3 still life, bwp and mayh never really changes, but everything after that does change around a bit.

1. Morningrise (Advent, The Night and the Silent Water, Black Rose Immortal)
2. My Arms, Your Hearse (April Ethereal, When, Demon of the Fall)
3. Deliverance (Wreath, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices)
4. Still Life (The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Moonlapse Vertigo)
5. Orchid (In Mist She Was Standing, Forest of October, The Twilight is My Robe)
6. Ghost Reveries (Ghost of Perdition, The Baying of the Hounds, Isolation Years)
7. Blackwater Park (The Leper Affinity, The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park)
8. Damnation (Windowpane, In My Time of Need, To Rid the Disease)

It always changes, but for now:
1.Morningrise - Nectar, The Night And The Silent Water, To Bid Your Farewell.
2.My Arms, Your Hearse - Epilogue, The Amen Corner, Credence.
3.Orchid - In Mist She Was Standing, The Apostle In Trimuph, Forest of October.
4.Deliverance - Master's Apprentices, Deliverance, A Fair Judgement.
5.Ghost Reveries - Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Ghost of Perdition, Beneath The Mire.
6.Still Life - Face of Melinda, Serenity Painted Death, Benighted.
7.Damnation - Hope Leaves, Closure, Death Whispered A Lullaby.
8. Blackwater Park - Harvest, Blackwater Park, Dirge For November.