Best 5 of '09 - In Retrospect

(unless you think you know enough about thrash to bring up a example of better albums to come out in the last 10 years)....

Minotaur - God May Show You Mercy... We Will Not
Wastelander - Wardrive
Sauron - Satanic Assassins
Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross
Bastardator - Identify The Dead
Assaulter - Salvation Like Destruction
Lethal - Annihilation Agenda
Gospel Of The Horns - Realm Of The Damned
Grendade - The Howling Damned
Witchtrap - No Anesthesia
Hellish Crossfire - Slaves Of The Burning Pentagram
Skull - Beer, Metal, Spikes
Nocturnal - Arrival Of The Carnivore
Hirax - The New Age Of Terror
Nifelheim - Servants of Darkness

...start there.

Minotaur - God May Show You Mercy... We Will Not
Wastelander - Wardrive
Sauron - Satanic Assassins
Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross
Bastardator - Identify The Dead
Assaulter - Salvation Like Destruction
Lethal - Annihilation Agenda
Gospel Of The Horns - Realm Of The Damned
Grendade - The Howling Damned
Witchtrap - No Anesthesia
Hellish Crossfire - Slaves Of The Burning Pentagram
Skull - Beer, Metal, Spikes
Nocturnal - Arrival Of The Carnivore
Hirax - The New Age Of Terror
Nifelheim - Servants of Darkness

...start there.

hahahahhhahah lollll WOWW :tickled::Spin::tickled:

only album thats even decent from what you listed is Bastardator's Identify The Dead, but its even funnier how you brought that up (or the rest of your joke list) as a example of one of the best thrash albums of the last 10 years ....LOLLLL:Spin:

Because of random new trolls?

Beyond just that, but obviously this isn't the place to discuss it. ;)

I still haven't listed my top 5 of '09 so I'm going to go with:

Count Raven - Mammons War
Revelation - For The Sake Of No One
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices
Weapon - Drakonian Paradigm
Beherit - Engram

15???? thats funny, coming for someone who i can probably adopt .. i was listening to thrash when you were still being breast-fed...SON!

Nu-thrash(which sounds as retarded as your statements)??? i guess your just too much of a nitwit to understand that i was saying that those are EASILY the best thrash albums to come out in about a decade (unless you think you know enough about thrash to bring up a example of better albums to come out in the last 10 years)....

"nu thrash turr turr garbage tur tur real thrash TUR TUR" .... and like i said before, stop commenting on thrash, because your knowledge of it is obviously ZERO!...lol fucking idiot.

:lol: Brad's 28 bro so he's got a few years on you.

15???? thats funny, coming for someone who i can probably adopt .. i was listening to thrash when you were still being breast-fed...SON!

Nu-thrash(which sounds as retarded as your statements)??? i guess your just too much of a nitwit to understand that i was saying that those are EASILY the best thrash albums to come out in about a decade (unless you think you know enough about thrash to bring up a example of better albums to come out in the last 10 years)....

"nu thrash turr turr garbage tur tur real thrash TUR TUR" .... and like i said before, stop commenting on thrash, because your knowledge of it is obviously ZERO!...lol fucking idiot.

look at this rage post. wow. so much rage. it's not my fault you don't like good thrash, I can't help that you think you know everything and then list Skeletonwitch as a top thrash album of the last 10 years.

Also as V5 mentioned, I'll be 29 this year. So yeah, I'm older than you, stop acting like a retard.

My list hasn't changed much.

1. The Chasm - Farseeing...
2. Arckanum: PPPPPPP (can't be bothered finding the right symbol)
3. Austere: To Lay Like Old Ashes
4. Katatonia: Night is the New Day
5. Blut Aus Nord: Memoria Vetusta II

2009 was a pretty good year for metal, it's hard to pick the best 5 imo. Anyway, it would probably look like this:

1 - Absu - S/T
2 - Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II
3 - Nile - Those whom the Gods Detest
4 - Slugathor - Echoes from Beneath
5 - Archgoat - The Light-devouring Darkness

If I were to chalk up a quick top 10 it'd be:

(in no real order)
Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore
The Chasm - Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
Augury - Fragmentary Evidence
Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ
Beherit - Engram
Cloudkicker - Portmanteau EP
Lost Soul - Immerse In Infinity
Gorepoflesh - Gore Fucking Corpses
Mantic Ritual - Executioner

As solid as Executioner is, I don't see how it is better than Black Future. I'm surprised by the inclusion of Augury on your list though.

Augury would be closer to the bottom if that was in order, tbh. Might actually replace them with something though.

I like the Vektor album but the main weakness is how the flow is hurt by two ten-plus minute songs at the end, neither of which really deserve that length.

Shit, I just remembered that While Heaven Wept's newest was released in '09. That, Forest Stream's Crown of Winter and Fairyland's Score to a New Beginning get honorable mentions (I didn't put any power metal bands in my original list).

Fragmentary Evidence was great too. I still stick with my original list though, as far what I listen to most from '09.