Best album cover ever?

I've always considered that a shit cover, actually. I do like Pain of Salvation, but their album covers don't appeal that much.

That is really their only album cover that I like - the others are nothing special.

I concur, that cover look more like a family portrait. And that little girl, sorry to say, is damn ugly. She needs to go under the knife.

If you knew anything of the band, and that album in particular you would know why the cover is especially powerful (especially to someone as semi-obcessed with the band as I am.) You obviously don't so I'm going to forgive your stupidity this once.

I agree Mort. The cover for Perfect Element I is allllll about context. I wouldn't think it was really anything special without knowing the story or some lines from the lyrics.

Having that knowledge, however, makes the cover a very powerful and moving image.

The cover for Scarsick is a pretty cool design... Although not good enough for it to STILL be my sig... I need a new one.

Yeah, it is all context that makes it as great to me as it is. I do also like the Scarsick cover a bit, but it certainly isn't one of my favorite covers, I think the whole idea of taking a statue that is normally just that of a normal human and making it look - through photography - pained and fearful is just awesome, and I've still not been able to figure out what the recent obcession with bricks is.

There is Brickwork on 12:5, the bricks in BE cover, and now the bricks on the Scarsick cover :eek: Wtf

black-1130529330_i_3843.jpg

Unusual fact: the same guy who did the above cover also created this:

black-1149157195_i_3469_full.jpg

Liner notes say...
"Additional Photography by Paul McCarroll
Cover Concept by A.A. Nemtheanga
Executed by Paul McCarroll"

Yeah, I'd say photograph.

I don't say that a lot to people but wow, you're a moron.
Yea, I know what you think -it's the INTRAWEBLOOOOOLLLZ!!!1111,
and I'll say what I want to, spam what I have to, cry like a bitch too however a jot of forethought every once in a while wouldn't hurt. At least inject some humour into your posts.

ummm.....ok.....

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start.

So far today, I have finished two bags of chips and a chocolate cake.

I feel better already.
:lol:

I <3 chcolate cake