Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Freecard

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • The Wonders at your Feet

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Final Resistance

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Wow, that was tougher than I thought.....Final Resistance wins out in the end. I just can't get enough of it for some reason, and it's a killer song to end their set with....

Yeah! I agree..!
Punish my Heaven just really "starts".
Put it on and you know the cd is there!
:p
Or somethin.
Anyway.. Er? What happened to my vote? :confused: Oh damn.............
Well, I'd say Punish My Heaven. :D

As much as I hate to admit it, I must agree with Rahvin here: The Wonders at Your Feet is indeed the best DT-album-opener of all time, IMHO. Plus it is a great song as well.

Punish My Heaven and FreeCard are the only other openers that fit perfectly as such, IMO - Dreamlore Degenerate and Final Resistance would both work better later on their respective albums and the scream by Anders Fridén at the beginning of Nightfall by the Shore of Time is the worst part of the whole Skydancer-album.

And the "space-effect"-trick on both Of Chaos and Eternal Night and Zodijackyl Light never did the trick for me.

-Villain

Great poll.
Oooh, it's a tough one, but I gotta choose 'Punish My Heaven'.

Originally posted by phyre
FUCKING ESSEN! WE'RE DARK TRANQUILLITY! THIS IS! DREAMLORE! DEGENERATE!

Okay, agreed: it works very well as a live-show opener (at least on that World Domination Live). But on the album, it's definitely in the wrong place, IMHO.

-Villain

A bit off topic, I like the opening song to their concert with the keyboard and drums found in their 1999 Live Projector tour in Japan and elsewhere.

The best intro DT have used for opening an album is "Regression", from Scenes From a Memory (aka, Metropolis Part II). It's strange, I expected the same opinion of Miolo. :p

|ng (Dream Theaterish...)