Best DT album. (V2.0.)

Which is the best DT album?

• Total voters
Of course it's a serious option; people can vote for whatever option they want.

It's only a serious option after a decent amount of time, not after a week. Of course I love the new album from my favourite band to pieces when it just came out, but it'll take months if not years to put it in perspective and to fully appreciate it in the light of their complete discography. I think if you would've asked me this a week or so after WAtV was released I would have voted for that one. Now I still love the album, but definitely don't see it as their best ever.

The newness of an album increases the way you appreciate an album. Not that it doesn't deserve that, but the other ones deserve the same appreciation, which they don't get at the time. That said, my vote remains with Damage Done (for now).

Thats a real suprise i am the only voter for HAVEN so far! I love that album, Damage done & Character aren't to far behind, but Haven was one of the original albums to start me off following the path of Death metal about 12/13 years ago!

Thats a real suprise i am the only voter for HAVEN so far! I love that album, Damage done & Character aren't to far behind, but Haven was one of the original albums to start me off following the path of Death metal about 12/13 years ago!

Haven's one of their most unique albums. But the production/sound is not the greatest (although much better than the seemingly muffled Mind's I). I think it's one of their best three or four albums.

But, to me, they have not released anything as mind-blowing as the Gallery... although, I haven't got Construct yet, and I always hope they'll prove me wrong. =)

The single biggest problem with Haven, IMO, is the electronics. They were less present on Damage Done, and Character onward the software stuff that Martin B. does in the studio is absolutely incredible (probably the single biggest contribution to the DT "sound", if not composition, from that point forward). Haven's got some tinny electronics, and the drum recording is also distorted in a few places. That said, it's one of my favorite albums ever and I think is under-appreciated.

This could easily change an hour from now, but I voted The Mind's I. Maybe it's just nostalgia or maybe it's how unbelievable "Hedon" is. But this is the album I go back to the most. I only wish the production was better. I have to crank by car stereo to 75% to really hear it. But it's really tough to say which is the best. Projector, Haven, Damage Done and Character are pretty much all interchangeable given the day.

Listened to Science of Noise last night on CM youtube, and then a friend got it and let me give it a few whirls on her ipod. Gonna say, on first listen, I like it a lot. WATV and Construct definitely hit that "distinct" sound spot that makes me curious about listening to songs over and over again.

Can't say on first listen that I like it anywhere near as much as the Gallery. My response to the Gallery was similar to the first time I ever heard Mercyful Fate (my uncle playing the first track of Conspiracy for me upstairs, where my grandfather used to paint). Mind. Fucking. BLOWN. What am I listening to? WHAT IS THIS CRAZY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ASSAULTING MY EARS!?

I'm still open to being mindfucked. And Construct definitely is very pleasing. But the Gallery, it is not. And I only mean that in the impression it makes - I have no desire for DT to release another album that sounds like the Gallery (and I'm sure they've never intended to do so). On that token, it's why I dislike the Damage Done / Character / Fiction period... if we were going to release three similar sounding albums, maybe three the Galleries would have been sexier? Ahehehe. Not a huge fan of those three, especially Character, which I think is my least favorite DT album. Fiction is pretty good, even if I don't jive with the sound.

Construct would be a serious contender.

Do you guys think over a month has been long enough?

Of course it's enough :p .

I might have to say Construct now, it's so damn good.

I still can't decide, but Construct is a major contender.

Haven's one of their most unique albums. But the production/sound is not the greatest (although much better than the seemingly muffled Mind's I). I think it's one of their best three or four albums.

But, to me, they have not released anything as mind-blowing as the Gallery... although, I haven't got Construct yet, and I always hope they'll prove me wrong. =)

The single biggest problem with Haven, IMO, is the electronics. They were less present on Damage Done, and Character onward the software stuff that Martin B. does in the studio is absolutely incredible (probably the single biggest contribution to the DT "sound", if not composition, from that point forward). Haven's got some tinny electronics, and the drum recording is also distorted in a few places. That said, it's one of my favorite albums ever and I think is under-appreciated.

I agree, the production in Projector and Haven's really weak and muffled, yet said releases really benefited from the re-release. Haven is, indeed, the most under-rated DT album, but I think it has my favourite DT song of all time, which is "Indifferent Suns". And Rundown, what a song!!!

Listened to Science of Noise last night on CM youtube, and then a friend got it and let me give it a few whirls on her ipod. Gonna say, on first listen, I like it a lot. WATV and Construct definitely hit that "distinct" sound spot that makes me curious about listening to songs over and over again.

Can't say on first listen that I like it anywhere near as much as the Gallery. My response to the Gallery was similar to the first time I ever heard Mercyful Fate (my uncle playing the first track of Conspiracy for me upstairs, where my grandfather used to paint). Mind. Fucking. BLOWN. What am I listening to? WHAT IS THIS CRAZY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ASSAULTING MY EARS!?

I'm still open to being mindfucked. And Construct definitely is very pleasing. But the Gallery, it is not. And I only mean that in the impression it makes - I have no desire for DT to release another album that sounds like the Gallery (and I'm sure they've never intended to do so). On that token, it's why I dislike the Damage Done / Character / Fiction period... if we were going to release three similar sounding albums, maybe three the Galleries would have been sexier? Ahehehe. Not a huge fan of those three, especially Character, which I think is my least favorite DT album. Fiction is pretty good, even if I don't jive with the sound.

For me it really did that! I was absolutely flabbergasted the first time I listened to Construct, and I still am. The more I listen to it, the more I'm convinced it's DT's best. I also love Character, how come you don't like it? I guess we all go through stages, at one point I really didn't like Fiction, now I do like it once again (even with the chu-chu-chugging).

Still Haven for me. I'm surprised it's not getting more love.

I suspect that a year from now, it may be Construct.