Best and easiest file sharing program?

i'd assume so... I was banned from the UM hub a while ago(paladin one) for some stupid reason or another so i'm not sure about the size for that... but metalgods rarely has a large userbase... Grindcore.no-ip.org and Hpn3.no-ip.org:23 are the ones I use, at peak times they both have 1000 or more users... plus if you can't find something in the grind hub it usually isn't on DC yet(for metal)

I don't like Soulseek, I very much prefer having an audio preview for songs.

I use Ares, it's decent

Scourge of Malice said:
is there any way to trick hubs that require tags??? im on a mac and a lot of hubs dont let me in cause I dont have tags... its stupid
Get a real computer.

Phrozenspite said:
i'd assume so... I was banned from the UM hub a while ago(paladin one) for some stupid reason or another so i'm not sure about the size for that... but metalgods rarely has a large userbase... Grindcore.no-ip.org and Hpn3.no-ip.org:23 are the ones I use, at peak times they both have 1000 or more users... plus if you can't find something in the grind hub it usually isn't on DC yet(for metal)

Yeah....I have all three of those on my list. I just can't check out the UM hub, so I was wondering.

Okay....I think I'm done. I had forgotten Grindcore and HPN1 were like three times the size of MetalGods, and I don't have to go through the obnoxious registration MetalGods has now.

And by the way, thanks for recommending StrongDC. The multi-source downloading really kicks ass.

Snowblind said:
I use Soulseek. Most of the metal hubs on DC++ mandate that you have atleast a few hundred mp3's before they'll let you in. But I only have about 40 mp3's, as I buy all my albums, so I've never had luck with DC++.

Get your cd's and rip them onto your computer. Then put them in the mp3 folder you are sharing from and voila, you can download :)

Well.....you'd still have to have a really small hardrive for it to be an issue. Grindcore.no-ip is 5gigs, I think, and that's more than you'll most likely ever need. But I guess if you have that tiny a hardrive, then you just do.

soulseek is quite good as mentioned for black metal -but ive never had a problem with finding death or thrash metal either (doom on the other hand...)
dc++ is the supreme god of filsharing from what i hear, but i havent been able to use it just because i have a shit small hardrive (3 gig....i rarely have 1 gig of free space though :()

Seraphim Belial said:
soulseek is quite good as mentioned for black metal -but ive never had a problem with finding death or thrash metal either (doom on the other hand...)

Go into the doom room and do a room search. I've got no worries finding doom, but obscure thrash is a bitch to come by.