Best and Worst Arranged Opeth Songs

Worst = WREATH

That song could be awesome, but my GOD does he drag that shit out beyond any reason. Could've done more in variation with the intro riff and repetition as well.

And I've had to sit through this one 3 times live. I like it. Only, The half that isn't overly repetetive.

everyone's just gonna mention their favorite songs..

Nah. Here's my choice (what I had in mind).

Bad one : Heir Apparent. I just don't like the structure.
Good one : Deliverance. Classical Opeth arrangement I'd say.

Completely sure Greasyboat is him.

Completly? Why? That guy hasn't acted like a total dick until now, so it's possible that it's not him. No?

Probably the simple songs like Harvest or Isolation Years, because, honestly, like every metal track Opeth has done has at least one point where its sorta disjointed. (That's not to say it doesn't sound good, just that it's unorthodox and weird as far as arrangements go) - If I had to pick a heavy track I would probably say The Leper Affinity.

Most of Opeths material I find to be brilliantly arranged. Mike certainly has a knack for putting riffs together in a natural sounding way. This hasn't always been the case though. Pretty much all of the song structures from the first two albums seems very haphazardly thrown together, but MYAH saw great improvement in this department and it seems to have only gotten stronger since.

On the topic of Watershed, a lot of the arrangements seem quite random and all over the place compared to the albums that came before it. At first this seemed awkward and a lot of parts felt like they don't fit but given time they begin to make a lot more sense. For example, at first, even though I loved Hessian Peel, I couldn't help but view it as two seperate songs. It took a long time before I got used to the structure. I think the thing is they are experimenting quite a bit on this album. It has a lot more 'space' than any of their previous albums, if you know what I mean.

I want to bring some songs to the table that hasn't been mentioned:

Great: The Drapery Falls, Beneath the Mire, I feel Dirge for November and To Bid You Farwell needs a mention too.

Not so good: Advent

have people forgotten about Night and the Silent water!? not one of my top 5 favourite songs, but the arrangement is fuggin perfecto!
so..
BEST:
Night and the Silent Water
Baying to the Hounds
Deliverance,
A fair Judgement.

WORST:
Ending Credits
Wreath
The Moor (sorry).

I think GR has some of Opeth's best arranged songs, especially beneath the mire and ghost of perdition. But, Deliverance would probably be "the" best arranged song Opeth has done in my opinion.

Worst? probably black rose immortal

^ well I like the riff, but there's something about the arrangement that bores the hell out of me.

best: Hex Omega - The Moor - Godhead's Lament - Bleak - The Leper Affinity - Karma
Serenity painted death

Worst: Almost every song of the first 2 releases

Completly? Why? That guy hasn't acted like a total dick until now, so it's possible that it's not him. No?

1) Orchard and Morningrice = old known Philno jokes.
2) ‘how fucking cute’ = awkward ‘sarcastic’ remark directed at a non absurd, completely normal post. Typical Philno behaviour fyi.
3) Mikael T-shirt thread = Dumb thread with the obvious intent of trolling (evidence: he made thousands of Mikoal, Mikeael and other jokes like that before).

Trust me, it is him.