Best and Worst Arranged Opeth Songs

Just leave that part out and make the sig own more, no one will notice.

Greasyboat I'm still waiting on examples of those jazz parts. I mean...surely you aren't full of shit, so of course I'm interested.

o i just get a vibe from lots of songs, when i listen to opeth i feel more than just a metalhead, i feel like im listening to all genres!

Time to bring out my shiny new signature out for its maiden voyage:

not sure if you caught on to my obvious facetiousness or not, but "jazz influences"/"latin influences" has been a running joke for years on this board. mainly because all sorts of uninformed morons post about them and they dont exist in opeth, quite simply

not sure if you caught on to my obvious facetiousness or not, but "jazz influences"/"latin influences" has been a running joke for years on this board. mainly because all sorts of uninformed morons post about them and they dont exist in opeth, quite simply

I did, that's why I felt my sig was relevant - an example of exactly what you say (a recent thread where the "influences" thing was trotted out, and p0wn3d by Mike himself :) )

i'm gonna flamed here but

best: moonlapse vertigo

don't know why mikael hates it. its one of my favorite songs.

Worst: .... is there such a thing :p

Bad one : Heir Apparent. I just don't like the structure.

Well fuck you there, I love Heir Apparent so friggin' lot, and I think the arrangement's awesome. Especially when the acoustics kick in the halfway, followed by brutal overdriven guitars.

Bad ones for me are:
-Wreath
-Black Rose Immortal(the song is very loose all the time... great song, but the arrangement sucks)

Best - It is clearly Deliverance. It's the easiest to follow in terms of it's changes, and the way it builds throughout is just perfect. Add a huge, climactic ending and you have a masterpiece.

Worst - The entire Orchid album and half of Morningrise.

Best - It is clearly Deliverance. It's the easiest to follow in terms of it's changes, and the way it builds throughout is just perfect. Add a huge, climactic ending and you have a masterpiece.

Worst - The entire Orchid album and half of Morningrise.

Listened to under the weeping moon or forest of october?

I love Deliverance, but I feel that it falls a hair short of perfection due to excessive repetition of the ending figure. Two minutes' worth was enough, four minutes is overkill.

At least for the studio version, in live concert I wanted it to go on forever :worship::headbang:

Listened to under the weeping moon or forest of october?

Yes. Both are quite good, especially Weeping Moon.

I love Deliverance, but I feel that it falls a hair short of perfection due to excessive repetition of the ending figure. Two minutes' worth was enough, four minutes is overkill.

At least for the studio version, in live concert I wanted it to go on forever :worship::headbang:

The ending gets me every time. I always find myself drumming with my hands on whatever surface is nearby at the time.

Yes. Both are quite good, especially Weeping Moon.

The ending gets me every time. I always find myself drumming with my hands on whatever surface is nearby at the time.

I love it, but I could use one less repetition :)

Actually, the part just before the ending is the one that always gets me - Lopez's work on that minute is awesome, and the mental imagery/ideas I get from "Deliverance... laughing at me" never fails to give me shivers or some kind of reaction.