Best and Worst Arranged Opeth Songs

have people forgotten about Night and the Silent water!? not one of my top 5 favourite songs, but the arrangement is fuggin perfecto!
so..
BEST:
Night and the Silent Water
Baying to the Hounds
Deliverance,
A fair Judgement.

WORST:
Ending Credits
Wreath
The Moor (sorry).
ah,damn it,NATSW is really awesomely arranged.

How come no one's mentioned Epilogue yet? It's the same thing played on the organ all the while, but the song is fantastic, the pause between the solos and the solos themselves.

Best: Epilogue, The Funeral Portrait(the way it flows to the next riff after "Ruby eyes in the fog" is stunning), Hessian Peel(!!!!), Under The Weeping Moon & Moonlapse Vertigo

Worst: Porcelain Heart & BTPISIO is the only ones I can think of right now.

i dunno who this philno; BUT i can tell you the reason i said that remark to dark winterstorm! maybe i was being to harsh but i just dont understand how he likes the song arrangement if it's just riff after riff?? maybe that helped clarify

OK, here we go.

Worst - TGC (unwanted rerun at the end is damn irritating) Porcelain Heart (disjointed mesh of ideas) Dirge for November (great song, but terrible disjointed) Black Rose Immortal (come on) Hex Omega (yet again, nice material, but failed randomness in structure), By the Pain I see in Others (disjoint disjoint disjoint. Kickass intro tho)

Best - The Leper Affinity, The Baying of the Hounds, Serenity Painted Death, The Drapery Falls, The Lotus Eater, The Funeral Portrait, Demon of the Fall, Closure Live

I gave this post a lot of thought, and here is what I came up with:

Top 3
1. Godhead's Lament
2. Under The Weeping Moon
3. Serenity Painted Death

I think the way Dirge for November is written is the most artistic way they could have done it. The arrangement of the song mirrors the subject matter.

Hmmm... I must say I really like the "randomness" in the arrangements on watershed, it gives the whole record an slightly awkward edge that makes it interesting, it doesn't work all the way though, dispite all the great riffs heir apparent doesn't flow well in my ears...
BUT I must say that my fav. arrangement of all is Burden, every part is exactly the right length for me, and the flow really enhances the song =) (yes I like the wierd lengths of the outro part too :p)
Worst is, like so many others have allready stated, allmost anything from the first two albums - with TNATSW as a shining exception.

I assume long-length songs have a tendency to be badly arranged , yet IMO Blackwater Park is the best arranged song, and as everybody agreed, a lot of their early releases is a bit 'hazardous' .
About Watershed , I don't think it's badly arranged, the right word would be, 'Oddly' arranged because it's very progressive and contains a lot of jazzy parts, (or maybe because at that period of time Mikael was listening to Scott Walker a lot lol)

shut the hell up, if you have nothing nice to say you can keep it to yourself! i like the jazz parts and i love all the diversity opeth have! in fact i consider myself most musically mature because of opeth!

shut the hell up, if you have nothing nice to say you can keep it to yourself! i like the jazz parts and i love all the diversity opeth have! in fact i consider myself most musically mature because of opeth!

What jazz parts. Be specific now plz.