Best and Worst British Comedies- the definitive list

i could never watch a full episode of the office, id be giggling with my hand over my face cos it was so accurate it hurt to watch

the real genius of it tho was by the end i was up for ricky jervais' charectar even though he was an annoying creep, cos the other managers were exactly like people i deal with in work, fake two faced corporate suits, management types are a specific social class these days and he wasnt one of them so he had to go, he didnt know their rules. comedy and social comment, what more do you want :tickled:

speaking of which what about hancocks half hour?? :Spin:

Dhatura said:
I don't know any of these things :(

Except for Mr. Bean.
yeah I wanted to say something like this. think they weren't on here at us. but I know Benny Hill. okay, more like I have memories from when I was quite young, and my dad recorded a show of his. but as I know he died when I was still quite young.

British or not, Father Ted has to be the funniest comedy ever. Allo Allo and Black Adder are tied for second best comedy ever. Most britcoms are at least alright to watch (ie. as time goes by) these new ones are horrible, The Office, Coupling,etc... I guess they're trying to add american influence (surprise! surprise!) and the result is not good.

siderea said:
they just keep broadcasting keeping up appereances here
joy
That's a good show - a little on the cute side (nothing overtly offensive, you can watch it with the family) the plot writing is a bit simplistic but the characters are well done. A very inviting comedy that doesn't overwhelm the viewers with 'british humour' but does have a good English presence.

I don't watch comedies... I watch national geographic, discovery and animal planet all the time... recently I'm starting to get afraid that I'm addicted to them, but hey, much better than to be addicted to some soap opera (like my sister :bah: ) <- hey, so cruel...

Loona said:
yeah I wanted to say something like this. think they weren't on here at us. but I know Benny Hill. okay, more like I have memories from when I was quite young, and my dad recorded a show of his. but as I know he died when I was still quite young.

In fact, Fawlty Towers was on (Waczak Szálló néven futott) and another one was Csengetett, Mylord? but I don't know which one is that. I never watched them. Black Adder too, but it was on too late, so I didn't watch that either.

Loona said:
I don't watch comedies... I watch national geographic, discovery and animal planet all the time... recently I'm starting to get afraid that I'm addicted to them, but hey, much better than to be addicted to some soap opera (like my sister :bah: ) <- hey, so cruel...

same here, though im not addicted, at least i dont think :erk:

Dhatura said:
In fact, Fawlty Towers was on (Waczak Szálló néven futott) and another one was Csengetett, Mylord? but I don't know which one is that. I never watched them. Black Adder too, but it was on too late, so I didn't watch that either.
the titles sound familiar, but nothing else... guess I was never into these thingies, just cartoons and documentaries about animals&nature

Bastet said:
abfab is great! how can you compare it to friends!

second that! there can be no comparance! there's nothing like Pats and Eddie together really... they are my idols! I worship them! hail!

ok, getting carried away... but everyones free to have an opinion, even though it hurts to hear that some people puke during abfab :yuk:

Mtine said:
second that! there can be no comparance! there's nothing like Pats and Eddie together really... they are my idols! I worship them! hail!

ok, getting carried away... but everyones free to have an opinion, even though it hurts to hear that some people puke during abfab :yuk:
everytime i see edina, it's like i see this former friend of mine. it's ages ago. such a snob!!!

Mtine said:

Well I wasn't exactly comparing it to friends - i just said it would appeal to the same people. And I didn't actually almost puke, I made that up for dramatic effect :D