Best Australian beer

Steven said:
In the U.S. I've found Cooper's, Emu, and VB.
So far, Cooper's is the pick of the litter! What else is worth seeking out?
And yes, most of my countrymen really do think that everyone in Oz drinks Foster's... fucking hell!
where, oh where have you found coopers?? i live in alaska, and the only "aussie" beer available up here is fosters - australian for horsepiss, even though its brewed in canada. americans dont believe we aussies dont drink the stuff, lol.

the only beer i can tolerate here is from new zealand - steinlager.

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
The best Australian beer is imported, hahahaha. Well Cascade Preium is pretty good I guess.
:lol:

That's gold, man! :lol:

Favourite O.S beer is Kozel (Czech) & my favourite Oz beer is Hahn Premium... followed by James Squire (Pilsener)...

I actually can't believe people drink Carlton Cold or VB. Cold gives me a hang over in about 3 mouthfuls & VB just makes me want to :puke:

:loco:

When I'm in Australia I prefer Cascade, though I have been prone to drinking VB only because it's everywhere!

Admittedly though I must say I'm a cidergirl, but I don't recall any pubs in Aussie actually having cider on tap. Is it available anyway on tap?

No one in Australia drink ciger except for 80 year old women.

Well, I've been bumming around in London for the last five years, so by the time I do make it back to Aussie, I will be an old woman!

Can I ask also, do we have "snakebites" (half cider, half lager with black current) over there? I don't remember any pubs back home serving these, but they seem to be extremely popular in all of the Australian pub/bars here in the UK. For some reason snakebites get you so much more trashed than just cider or beer alone.

who would have guessed that my first post on a metal forum would have nothing to do with metal?
im impartial to beer, im poor so i cant usually afford to drink (sad i know...). when i do though i usually take some spirits, but if its beer then i usually have a coldie. not the best, but hey... what can you do.

hmmmm the best beer. well VB is out straight away. i think it would have to be Melbourne bitter or Carlton Draught (if the Melbourne posters get out to "DV8" its on tap there for a buk fifty in happy hour) man i cant wait to get down there again. fuck where was I? oh yeah beer. Its Expensive as but i think Cascade Premium Lager is the one but you have to pay $50 a slab so unless your loaded its not a good idea.