Best books on metal

Some of the pictures of churches burning in lords of chaos are incredible. There is just something about them that looks amazing.

Sounds of the Beast is pretty good, though it might as well be called "How Every Metal Movement is Related To Metallica". They spend half the book talking about the early 80's thrash movement and devote maybe 50 pages to death, black, and other underground stuff. I would only recommend it to someone who knows very little.

they had that at my school library they act like Metallica are metal gods

and they said ac/dc back in black is the best metal album ITS NOT EVEN FUCKING METAL

and they said ac/dc back in black is the best metal album ITS NOT EVEN FUCKING METAL

That top 25 list was all over the place, and it made no sense; I mean, who decided that those were the best and for what reason? The author got a lot of other shit wrong too, like saying Blind Guardian was a result of the late 80s German speed movement's inspiration when they actually helped forge it. And power metal in its current form (not the early thrash form) isn't barely even touched on.

Now time to read Lords of Chaos. :kickass:

they had that at my school library they act like Metallica are metal gods

it's actually metal for it's time... it's not metal by your definition and opinion but your opinion doesn't matter in the history of metal since 1968 since you probably weren't even a embryo 15 years ago. Anyways AC/DC is metal just not extreme metal. Their songs are Metal anthems and may be classified as classic metal IMO.

Keep on laughing. What do you know of my tastes, standards, and what I play? Besides some bands I mention in these threads, you know nothing about me. But true metalheads do their part in keeping metal what it is by defining the sub-genres, praising different bands, telling noobs Slipknot is not DM, etc, etc. Most people here have participated in these kind of discussions at some time or another.

:headbang: back at you.

I really don't care about your tastes, standards and what you play. Everything you have describe I do except I don't call myself a Elitist because really that's just a stupid word teenagers or newbie metalheads use amongst themselves with low self esteem who use it to make themselves feel superior because offline they probably get picked on because of their musical tastes. I've been a metalhead since 1983 I would say and to me calling yourself a Metalhead is good enough to describe your musical tastes as well as to do all those things you have said in your post. Just don't stoop to calling yourself a Elitist. Think for yourself and not care what others think of you. That my friend is a True Metalhead. :kickass:

it's actually metal for it's time... it's not metal by your definition and opinion but your opinion doesn't matter in the history of metal since 1968 since you probably weren't even a embryo 15 years ago. Anyways AC/DC is metal just not extreme metal. Their songs are Metal anthems and may be classified as classic metal IMO.
You probably will want to rethink this. AC/DC has never been metal. Ever.

You're an absolutely AWFUL poster, and I think I should probably get you banned just by virtue of you being one of those remaining guys like DE, GoD, etc. with absolutely nothing to contribute at all, EVER.

Who is this guy? I keep hearing his name. And does GoD stand for anything?
He was a poster on her a while back, the guy who first started Another Fucking Metal Game. GoD was an acronym, usually for his display name (examply Gallantry over Docility or something like that, my spelling kind of sucks) I liked him, he recommended me a lot of good bands. But, he got banned for making racial remarks to Black Metal Tyrone, the boards regular obnoxious my pals.

And I say my pals because he was a my pals, not a respectable African American., so flame me for racism if you want

He was a poster on her a while back, the guy who first started Another Fucking Metal Game. GoD was an acronym, usually for his display name (examply Gallantry over Docility or something like that, my spelling kind of sucks) I liked him, he recommended me a lot of good bands. But, he got banned for making racial remarks to Black Metal Tyrone, the boards regular obnoxious my pals.

And I say my pals because he was a my pals, not a respectable African American., so flame me for racism if you want

I believe I remember those two. Too bad I never knew him that well.

Wasn't racism a big problem not too long ago here?

yeah, he was cool:cry:

He comes back here with different names from time to time to troll, so it's not like he's gone. But he was a cool guy. I would have never found out about Gontyna Kry if it wasn't for him

Yeah, I guess they had a lot of problems around that time with racism. whcih is why I think " Living Colour" is a bannable offense (don't ban me, please) I've been lurking this forum for two years, and sometimes i feel like I could write a book about it:lol: