Best books on metal

Whatever happened to Big Dave? His overt "manliness" amused me.

He was an asshole and contributed very little. He asked me to make a sig for him and I refused. He's probably back on his muscle forum talking about us "weakling metalheads on this other forum".

You probably will want to rethink this. AC/DC has never been metal. Ever.

Nope I thought about it and yes they are Metal just not extreme Metal.... they just happen to be very very old school metal ala Alice Cooper, KISS, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister etc. who sung Metal anthems.... your definition of metal is probably anything from 1983 on (when Metallica debuted) judging by your User name... metal has been around in one form of another from 1968 on and since that is before your time no doubt you wouldn't understand.. you base and compare bands on the ones you like from modern times (extreme metal more then anything)... but AC/DC is/was metal for it's time and they earn a place in metal history... they turned out more metal heads then most bands could ever do in a lifetime... metal just happened to evolve to the extreme... and AC/DC hasn't... but doesn't make them any less Metal then anyone else... they just aren't Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash etc.. or whatever genre names you want to use.. they are just Heavy Metal or just Metal... . :rolleyes:

Nope I thought about it and yes they are Metal just not extreme Metal.... they just happen to be very very old school metal ala Alice Cooper, KISS, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister etc. who sung Metal anthems.... your definition of metal is probably anything from 1983 on (when Metallica debuted) judging by your User name... metal has been around in one form of another from 1968 on and since that is before your time no doubt you wouldn't understand.. you base and compare bands on the ones you like from modern times (extreme metal more then anything)... but AC/DC is/was metal for it's time and they earn a place in metal history... they turned out more metal heads then most bands could ever do in a lifetime... metal just happened to evolve to the extreme... and AC/DC hasn't... but doesn't make them any less Metal then anyone else... they just aren't Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash etc.. or whatever genre names you want to use.. they are just Heavy Metal or just Metal... . :rolleyes:

+1 for your rep. :kickass:

People who think metal is nothing but atonal riffing and harsh vocals need to be sat down and educated. Something I have been trying to do. Ignorance may be bliss, but it is my bane. :puke:

Metal and music in general is a evolutionary artform... it is constantly evolving as time goes by, but that does not mean the past is any less part of the artform in it's current state since the current state evolved from the past... In 10, 20 or 30 years what this generation of metal fans consider metal might not be consider to be such and they will be stating something similar to what I had said about AC/DC and other bands from my past when I grew up and became a metalhead...

You're retarded...do you mean to say new things cannot be achieved in music?

Do you realize that in the early 1900s, plenty of people thought everything that could possibly be invented had already been invented? Put that into perspective.

I did not explain how I wanted deleting the post. Nothing new in music has happened for a good while so that gives me an idea that what is done in music has already primmed. I would not say everything in the world or new things can not be achived in a general sense. Nothing so far in the 00's is new or revolutionary like in each past generation musically.

You're retarded...do you mean to say new things cannot be achieved in music?

Do you realize that in the early 1900s, plenty of people thought everything that could possibly be invented had already been invented? Put that into perspective.

Are you talking to me or The Grey's? VVVVV

People who think that the bands you mention are metal are no different than those who think that the wave of nu-metal actually was metal. Sure, some people got into metal through AC/DC, Kiss, etc., but many got into metal through Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, etc. as well. In either case, just because a band is considered metal by some people, and has some minor characteristics of metal, does not make it so.

Listen to War Pigs then listen to Back in Black. If you can't see that one of these is metal, and one is not, then you really don't understand what metal is. Don't assume that I don't know old school metal.

People who think that the bands you mention are metal are no different than those who think that the wave of nu-metal actually was metal. Sure, some people got into metal through AC/DC, Kiss, etc., but many got into metal through Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, etc. as well. In either case, just because a band is considered metal by some people, and has some minor characteristics of metal, does not make it so.

Listen to War Pigs then listen to Back in Black. If you can't see that one of these is metal, and one is not, then you really don't understand what metal is. Don't assume that I don't know old school metal.

I don't assume I know you don't... Comparing War Pigs to Back in Black is like comparing Number of the Beast to Angel of Death ... both are metal just two different genre's of it much like AC/DC and Sabbath... you did not grow up in that era of the 70's to early 80's like i did... believe me AC/DC was/is considered metal in those days and there was no one disputing that back then... only young ones like you who grew up on extreme metal today would dispute that only because you did not grow up in that era and compare everything from the past to everything in the present... metal is more then just blast beats and fast riffing... AC/DC came out in or about 1973.. other then Sabbath I would say AC/DC were the heaviest band around that time IMO along with a couple of others... And yes they were heavy for that time just that heavier bands came out in later years like heavier bands come out nowadays then Slayer but does not make Slayer any less Metal because of it... AC/DC just did their songs in a Anthem style of Metal... so don't assume I do not know old school metal because I have lived it a lot longer and seen it develop before my eyes before you were even born... When your gods Metallica are no longer considered metal think about our convo in this thread because much like me with AC/DC you grew up in the era of Metallica (well so did I)... so my statement stands...