Best Cover Ever... and Worst Cover Ever?

Best Anthrax Cover Tune:
"Got the Time", They made it a thrash/Punk song forever.
Worst Anthrax Cover Tune:
"Looking down the Barrel of a Gun", it's exactly like the Beastie Boys original. So why bother.

Best/favourite cover:
Cannibal Corpse - Zero The Hero :kickass:

Worst/least favourite cover:
Six Feet Under - Back In Black (album) :puke:

Funny that Chris Barnes sang on my favourite cover and my least favourite! Btw I love AC/DC and the original Back In Black album.:headbang:

Bleearg said:
Best: Sacred Reich
Worst: Faith No More
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I actually like both of these versions - in preference it would be the live version of war pigs by fnm (complete with fluffed line "blargh bleurgh blah blah bleghgeghghgh" from memory):devil:

Covers I Like

Voivod- Astronomy Dominie
The Thought Industry- Metal (anyone remember them?)
Anthrax- Snap/ I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Sepultura- Orgasmatron and Drug Me
Napalm Death- Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Obituary- Circle of the Tyrants

Covers I don't Like

Death- Painkiller (sorry doesn't compare to the Priest version and is the least interesting track on the album)

Rage Against The Machine- Maggie's Farm (Bad take on a great Dylan song)

Metallica- Loverman :puke: :puke: :puke: (Makes me even want to never listen to the orignial by Nick Cave)

Johnny Cash- Bridge Over Troubled Water (An Annoying song to begin with)

Overkill- Just about anything from Coverkill (Thank God I only paid 2 bucks for it)

Carcassian said:
I actually like both of these versions - in preference it would be the live version of war pigs by fnm (complete with fluffed line "blargh bleurgh blah blah bleghgeghghgh" from memory):devil:
I hate Bordin's drumming on war pigs even with Ozzy it was weak. I'm not a drummer but I can play a better War Pigs than him. I'm glad I got to see Sabbath with Bill Ward. Shannon Larkin did better than Mike Bordin too. The best thing to come from the Columbus cancellation/riot was Larkin on drums at the make up show. It's ok for You to like it but I REALLY don't.
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

i think metallica doing turn the page is the worst ever. who needs a now useless band doing a song that you have already heard 2 billion times? all their old cover s were good because they were songs you might not have heard if not for them and introduced you to great bands like diamondhead and killing joke.

but the best covers ever are :
Kyuss - Into The Void
C.O.C. - Lord of This World
Overkill - Fuck You (that song is theirs now and always will be)
Buckethead - Sketches of Spain (anyone willing to cover Miles Davis must be cool)
Fear Factory - Cars

deathcube said:
i think metallica doing turn the page is the worst ever. who needs a now useless band doing a song that you have already heard 2 billion times? all their old cover s were good because they were songs you might not have heard if not for them and introduced you to great bands like diamondhead and killing joke.

Well put!

best cover
dead kennedys - viva las vegas
brian setzer - sleep walk
kittie - run like hell
iron maiden - cross eyed mary

worst cover
that whole fucking new ozzy disc. man that sucks. along with kelly destroying papa don't preach. the osbornes can really butcher some covers.

I'll blaspheme right now and say I prefer Infectious Groove's take on The Immigrant song a LOT more than the original.

Metallica have done some great covers though, Helpless being my personal fave. Favorite Anthrax cover would be a tie between Cowboy Song and Remember tomorrow. Worst cover would be the whole black metal black sabbath tribute album I had a few years back, I threw it out when I moved so I cannot remember the name.

worst cover easily all of the covers that doosh pat doon did
(sry i may have already posted this but i dont think i did)

is Body Count doing Jimi Hendrix's 'Hey Joe' it's fucking awful...
I don't even think it was recorded in time.

Best: Metallica 'Last Caress/Green Hell' SICK! and who could forget 'Antisocial' and 'Got The Time' ?

Yeah, Metallica's Last Caress is up there.
Quicksand's cover of the Smith's How Soon Is Now ALWAYS gets the hairs standing on the back of my neck!
Brutal Truth's cover of The Germs' Media Blitz is ridiculously good!
Got The Time, Obviously!

I also have a soft spot for Excel's cover of Message in a Bottle. I thought the Machine Head version sucked ass!