Best Drumming

Led Opeth said:
he was very strait foward....very good but i dunno...lopez pwns him lol
He might've been "straight forward" in your view, but he was just as dynamic as Lopez. But I'll give the nod to Lopez for more complex cymbal and fill work.

MAYH. Maybe I like the drums alot on that album, because the production make them sound so raw, I really love that. The drums on Deliverance and Blackwater Park are also amazing. But hey, Lopez is a fucking badass drummer, so no surprise.

Deliverance as well. It seems to have to most interesting, technical, and appealing stuff out of any of the albums. I really like the almost jazzy stuff he does on it.

GR, for creativity, variety, and sound quality. GOP for example has about 16 different 'beats' in it, not counting all the different fills. Baying might have more. Most songs in the non-Opeth world have 3-4.

Another great thing is that these beats aren't technically difficult---they're easy enough to figure out and play. It's the creativity that stands out, which I'm sure is also facilitated by Mike's writing.

My favorite drum parts include GOP, 4:10-4:55, and Baying 3:05-3:15 and the snare work in the Martin-beat at 4:00+.

Go back and see what Lopez was doing in say 1996 if Anders were still in opeth he'd be as good 10 years later...

Morningrise is my Favorite

Amon Amarth/w Lopez wasnt Like Mind Boggling, Anders/Johan were amazing

Damnation, simply because of the restraint. Lopez and Mendez play with absolute precision. All the musicians on this album are supreme. Damnation, really convinced me as to how great Opeth truly are. Especially Martin's drumming. Peace.

Overall.. I think Lopez is pretty awesome and it's hard to pick out an album that sticks out the most... What I love about him though is what it does with cymbols... ahh, it's just amazing