Best Drumming

Sound wise and technicality(sp) I feel Deliverance has the best sound. The snare drum cracks so beautifully and the double bass have just the right amount of bass behind them. Every time I listen to Deliverance I hear something new from M. Lopez that I have never heard before. At first glance at his drum set you dont think someone could put all those different cymbals to use, but he does on Deliverance.

Ebonic Plague said:
Go back and see what Lopez was doing in say 1996 if Anders were still in opeth he'd be as good 10 years later...

Morningrise is my Favorite

Amon Amarth/w Lopez wasnt Like Mind Boggling, Anders/Johan were amazing
lol, the drumming on morningrise is laughable

Lothlorien said:
Sound wise and technicality(sp) I feel Deliverance has the best sound. The snare drum cracks so beautifully and the double bass have just the right amount of bass behind them. Every time I listen to Deliverance I hear something new from M. Lopez that I have never heard before. At first glance at his drum set you dont think someone could put all those different cymbals to use, but he does on Deliverance.
it is deliverance IMO, but the reason its so clear and precise is because the drumming sounds were put over themselves several times to sound loud and clear... not so that it sounds like 8 diff drumsets, but so that it sounds precise and clear.. lol...

Deliverance. It's a technical masterpiece. I think it really showcases his talent. The double bass just rips. I also think it has the most intense drumming with Deliverance and Master's Apprentices. By the Pain I See in Other is a knockout.

Can i just say that i fkn love Deliverence its my fave, i thought i never heard anything likt that drumming, but much to my surprise i found its a straight rip off from a track from the band Rush..watch their last dvd. I nearly fell off the couch when i saw it! ...Oh- hOw-peth-etic!

ironbeard said:
Damnation, simply because of the restraint. Lopez and Mendez play with absolute precision. All the musicians on this album are supreme. Damnation, really convinced me as to how great Opeth truly are. Especially Martin's drumming. Peace.

amen brother... precision drumming. he hits every beat exactly as it needs to be hit.:kickass: