Best Drumming

Ghost reveries....some of the fills in GoP are fantastic (5:40 - 5:55 is just mind-boggling)
Deliverance has some awesome drumming, especially the title track

The finale of closure is also AMAZING

The brutality of Deliverance & MAYH are to be cherished.

GR brings more variety.

Deliverance is tops for me.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
Ghost reveries....some of the fills in GoP are fantastic (5:40 - 5:55 is just mind-boggling)
Deliverance has some awesome drumming, especially the title track

The finale of closure is also AMAZING
you wouldnt think it, but that part is the easiest part to play of the whole album!, the live version is alot better

(unless axe is playing it)

lunabella said:
Can i just say that i fkn love Deliverence its my fave, i thought i never heard anything likt that drumming, but much to my surprise i found its a straight rip off from a track from the band Rush..watch their last dvd. I nearly fell off the couch when i saw it! ...Oh- hOw-peth-etic!

to your suprise? lol the whole track is a Rush compilation I thought that was pretty obvious

daz436 said:
to your suprise? lol the whole track is a Rush compilation I thought that was pretty obvious

:erk: Yeah, well i didnt realise 'till i saw the dvd, XYZ i think was the track. But then you could say they are compilations of Pink Flyod too? They are a compilation of many bands but they compilate beautifully...Most younger Opethians may not know of the 70's prog bands, but then if youre a musical Opethaholic then you would do lots of research.:err:

Damnation, Ghost Reveries, and Deliverance. Not sure what the order would be, other than having Damnation #1 for sure. The man absolutely SLAYS with feel-orientated, groovy music. If DVDs count, then I'd probably say Lamentations, but that's not fair. ;)