Best ever thrash album?

Best thrash album ever?

• Metallica - Master Of Puppets (or RTL/AJFA)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Slayer - Reign In Blood (or SoH/HA/SitA)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Anthrax - Among The Living (or SoE/PoT)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Megadeth - Rust In Peace (or KimB/PSBWB)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Sepultura - Beneath The Remains (or Arise)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I don't know if this has ever been done on here, I'm sure it has but I don't remember it, so fuck it.

I've made it so it's not just about ONE album. Let's face it, many people think Master of Puppets is the best thrash album, BUT plenty others think Justice is a better album so I thought it would make the poll more interesting to include all the bands bigger and better albums.

Okay I went for Metallica because Justice is IMO the best thrash album ever, with Megadeth's one and only true classic RIP a close second, Slayer's SoH third.
I fuckin' love them all in the poll though!!!

I'd also give a mention to Xentrix For Whose Advantage which is a brilliant record.

Nuclear Assault's Survive is my favorite album of all time. Not just thrash album, but of all time. Razor's Violent Restitution is a close second.

As far as the bands that are on the poll go, my favorites are Seasons in the Abyss, SFSGSW, AJFA, Arise, and Among the Living.

Had to vote Reign in Blood as it's my all time favourite metal record. ATL a close 2nd.

So now the rest of the big 4 were never thrash? :rolleyes:

Metallica is cute, Anthrax is fun, Megadeth is, well Megadeth but Slayer is pure insanity and no band has ever had such die hard fans that go absolutely ape shit when they perform. Slayer is the only band out of the big 4 that never wimped out and tried going a commercial route. Never had radio play, not MTV friendly, just pure and evil in your face thrash/ speed metal. If you like Slayer great, if you don't they don't give a fuck and can care less. They are really the only band on the big 4 with a pure 'don't give a fuck' metal attitude. Slayer is what extreme metal music is all about. Can't say the same about the other 3 bands. Not saying I don't love some early Anthrax, Megadeth, or Metallica. Just saying Slayer destroys all 3 of those bands live and is the only one that never compromised their music to try and gain new more mainstream fans.

I hope some violent Slayer fans take over the pits during the Metallica sets and beat down some homos wearing Death Magnetic shirts :devil:

Metallica is cute, Anthrax is fun, Megadeth is, well Megadeth but Slayer is pure insanity and no band has ever had such die hard fans that go absolutely ape shit when they perform. Slayer is the only band out of the big 4 that never wimped out and tried going a commercial route. Never had radio play, not MTV friendly, just pure and evil in your face thrash/ speed metal. If you like Slayer great, if you don't they don't give a fuck and can care less. They are really the only band on the big 4 with a pure 'don't give a fuck' metal attitude. Slayer is what extreme metal music is all about. Can't say the same about the other 3 bands. Not saying I don't love some early Anthrax, Megadeth, or Metallica. Just saying Slayer destroys all 3 of those bands live and is the only one that never compromised their music to try and gain new more mainstream fans.

I hope some violent Slayer fans take over the pits during the Metallica sets and beat down some homos wearing Death Magnetic shirts :devil:

You seem to be endearingly oblivious to the fact Slayer's "evil, don't give a fuck" attitude is just as calculated a marketing ploy as anything the rest of the Big 4 ever did.
At least when Quorthon realised writing Satanic lyrics was silly (from his own personal philosophical standpoint) he started writing about things that really did mean something to him.
Slayer still churn out the "evil" "satanic" "anti-christian" shit even though we all know Tom Araya doesn't buy into it at all. Now tell me being dark and satanic to sell records isn't being commercial.

If you're going to sing about satanic themes, at least believe in them.

I don't really claim it's best out of this four, but the question is "the best THRASH..."
Also, in my opinion, Slayer doesn't really write "satanic" lyrics anymore, their songs are more about the evil people do to each other (war, mass murderers and shit)...

Rust In Peace for me, Among The Living being second. Then Slayer.

Reign in Blood is basically the speed/thrash metal bible. Definitely the best and most violent extreme metal record ever made.

A challenger appears!

syl+city.jpg