Best ever thrash album?

Best thrash album ever?

• Metallica - Master Of Puppets (or RTL/AJFA)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Slayer - Reign In Blood (or SoH/HA/SitA)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Anthrax - Among The Living (or SoE/PoT)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Megadeth - Rust In Peace (or KimB/PSBWB)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Sepultura - Beneath The Remains (or Arise)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
'Killing Is my Business' is my 2nd fav. debut from the big 4 although it had the worst production of them all, the remaster sounds killer, one of Megadeth's finest moments.

I liked a lot of the remasters, but Dave really butchered some songs on the Rust in Peace remaster.

This is my favorite Megadeth song too! Dave just sounds silly here.

Also, Show No Mercy is in my top 5 favorite Slayer albums. Really great album with a lot of unsung classics. Everybody remembers "The Antichrist", I remember "Evil Has No Boundaries". :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I'm asking. So you were there?

Yes, I was there in the Pit section. I saw the entire thing with my own eyes. After the show I wanted to rip her face off let the dogs eat at her. Was so pissed we all left before Sabbath came on.

I had had a prior dealing with $haron Osbourne which wasn't very pleasant. She tried to sue one of the artists I worked with because they didn't want to spend 10k to be one of the first opening bands on the side stage and have a 15 minute set. Never even agreed to do it. She is seriously an evil cunt

Yes, I was there in the Pit section. I saw the entire thing with my own eyes. After the show I wanted to rip her face off let the dogs eat at her. Was so pissed we all left before Sabbath came on.

I had had a prior dealing with Osbourne which wasn't very pleasant. She tried to sue one of the artists I worked with because they didn't want to spend 10k to be one of the first opening bands on the side stage and have a 15 minute set. Never even agreed to do it. She is seriously an evil cunt

Well that sucks.

Okay I went for Metallica because Justice is IMO the best thrash album ever, with Megadeth's one and only true classic RIP a close second, Slayer's SoH third.
I fuckin' love them all in the poll though!!!

I'd also give a mention to Xentrix For Whose Advantage which is a brilliant record.

Damn right .... For Whose Advantage is a fucking storming record!

Anthrax++wJohn+Bush.jpg

SOWN is the best grunge album... ever.

Anthrax++wJohn+Bush.jpg

SOWN is the best grunge album... ever.

lol that photo pretty much sums up that grunge era of Anthrax. I love Spitz 'grunge' look. Poor little guy. And you hardcores think this was just some 'natural' progression? Just 1 year before this they were playing with Slayer, Iron Maiden and all looked like 80's thrash guys. All of a sudden a new album comes out that is a completely different style and they just happen to start dressing more like pearl jam?

I have always said SOWN is not a bad album. It is the only Bushthrax album to me that is well written and has some originality to it. But you must admit these guys tried their hardest to capitalize on the grunge movement and did what ever they could to say 'we are not thrash metal' in their image as that style of music was coming to an end. For these photo shoots you don't think they had their managers pick out the types of clothes they were going to wear? Music then was all about image. Just ask Metallica who just randomly decided to cut their hair off and dress like preppy college kids at the same time they put out college rock albums in load and reload. It is a business and nothing more.

during the white noise-era i read an interview with Charlie in a german metal mag and he was comparing 'White Noise' with Metallica's black album and wondered why his band's disc didn't sell 7 mill. copies like Metallica's (at that time) and was referring a lot to bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana & Soundgarden. yes, Anthrax have always been trend-chasers but SOWN is still one of my fav. Thrax albums, the bridge between Oldschool Thrax (Joeythrax) and the later Bushthrax. do you think that the ballad (Black Lodge) accidentally is the 8th track on the Anthrax album (including music by a symphony orchestra) just like 'Nothing Else Matters' on the black Metallica album? Metallica have always been Anthrax's archetype, FOM was Anthrax's version of 'Kill 'Em All', despite this i prefer 'Fistful'.

during the white noise-era i read an interview with Charlie in a german metal mag and he was comparing 'White Noise' with Metallica's black album and wondered why his band's disc didn't sell 7 mill. copies like Metallica's (at that time) and was referring a lot to bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana & Soundgarden. yes, Anthrax have always been trend-chasers but SOWN is still one of my fav. Thrax albums, the bridge between Oldschool Thrax (Joeythrax) and the later Bushthrax. do you think that the ballad (Black Lodge) accidentally is the 8th track on the Anthrax album (including music by a symphony orchestra) just like 'Nothing Else Matters' on the black Metallica album? Metallica have always been Anthrax's archetype, FOM was Anthrax's version of 'Kill 'Em All', despite this i prefer 'Fistful'.

I wouldn't really compare Black Lodge and Nothing Else Matters, these two are very different.
It's true Anthrax followed trends with SOWN and I was quite pissed off at Scott Ian when he stated in interviews he "did not really like metal music any more". Still I take this album as a natural progress after PoT with better vocals. And I think the nineties were the last era when it was about music. After that, it was only the manufactured crap.