best female vocalist in a metal band

yeah, ToT really sucks now, they progrssively got worse after velvet darkness they fear and aegis, like previously said they went all techno and shit, and im kinda glad liv kristine got out of that, because she fits much better in leaves eyes. and for a goth metal band they're much better than current trendy ass favorites like xandria, after forever, lacuna coil and within temptation.
if goth metal is your thing id suggest checking out elis, shadembrace, and flowing crimson

liv kristine owns me, but i also dont know many female cleam vocalists - its something i need to check more out of

I can't decide:

Kari Rueslatten (ex-The 3rd and the Mortal vocalist)
the Hornbacher sisters (Dreams of Sanity)
the chick on old Left Hand Solution
the chick in Rain Fell Within
the chick in Avrigus (lovely voice)

I think Amy Lee of Evanescence has a great voice, though the style is a bit too nu-metal for me.

Doro Pesch (oldschool chick, a solo artist formerly of Warlock) is also very good.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think Amy Lee of Evanescence has a great voice, though the style is a bit too nu-metal for me.
Bryant

To me, she has the typical country singer voice. Nothing special there.

Naggamanteh said:
I can't decide:
the Hornbacher sisters (Dreams of Sanity)
Actually, they weren´t sisters. And Martina Hornbacher already left DoS after their debut "Komödia" to join Therion. Sandra Schleret, the other vocalist, now sings in a band called Soulslide (you can download their song "The Dreamer" from their website, it´s under "STUFF" and "FILES").

Kari Rueslåtten would also have been one of my picks - IMO she´s much better than Liv Kristine. (In the media section of the official The Third And The Mortal website, you find two samples - only about 30 seconds - from the first two releases - "Sorrow" and "Tears Laid In Earth" - on which she sang before leaving the band to start a solo career.)

I´d also go with Tarja Turunen and Anneke van Giersbergen, but my favourite vocalist is Monika Edvardsen (Ex-Atrox), though she´s probably what you might call an acquired taste.

Thraxz said:
Didn't she sing with her sister in Star One?

She did, on the live album Live on Earth.

Floor is an extremely talented singer and she is has a very good technique. Her sister Irene has such a powerful voice. Like Arjen Laucassen said himself : she's like the female Russell Allen.

I also like that chix in Draconian, and Marcela Bovio (Elfonia I think her mexican band is called) in Ayreon's The Human Equation.

Hm.... well two female metalist I love are Otep and Angela Gossow. So there you have it two girls that know how to rock out right. I would say that my LEAST fave female vocalist has to be Amy Lee of Evanessance. I'd lov to off her if anyone else on this board feels she should choke too *evil grin*