Best female vocals in the history of metal

Originally posted by Board
If it has to be metal my vote goes to those two as well!
If it doesn't neccesarrily have to be metal, my vote goes to Minnie Riperton (best female singer ever! 6 octave vocal range), Suzi Jane Hokom & Patrice Rushen (although she sometimes sings kind of out of tune). The Norwegian singer Sissel Kyrkjebø also has a decent voice. Her version of "Summertime" is the best vocal version I've heard of that fantastic song.
6 Octave vocal range?!?! :eek: I must hear this amzing voice! Recommend any songs I should try?

Originally posted by FailingAcension
6 Octave vocal range?!?! :eek: I must hear this amzing voice! Recommend any songs I should try?
Would be my pleasure:
Reasons
Adventures in paradise (is both a song and an album)
Inside my love
Minnie's Lament
Baby, this love I have
and her hit, which you may know:
Lovin' you

I have mp3'ed her LP "Adventures in paradise" and plan on doing the same with her LP "Perfect angel" and some of her other songs (I have two more records by her), so you should be able to get them from me if you can't find them anywhere!

Runhild has an amazing gutteral growl, but her clean voice is droning and fairly monochromatic, nothing special. I had the pleasure of catching sunn0)) recently and Runhild was in attendance, they didn't do any Thorr's Hammer songs unfortunatly but she did get up on stage to sing that song that Kari Ruelsatten sang on the Storm album acapella. Then she just laid down on stage for a bit while sunn0)) played.

My vote goes to Tarja, just because it would probably be technically the best in metal with her background in music.

Originally posted by Scarlett1313
Vibeke-Tristania

Liv Kristine-TOT

Sharon-Within Temptation

Angela-Arch

I heard some of that live cd that Theatre of Tragedy made in Liv Kristines voice sounded pretty horrible!! The last verse on "And when he falleth" is also pretty crappy by her. It's the part after the stuff with the film sample or whatever it is. Her voice on "...a distance there is..." is decent though!
I had the "Enter" cd by Within Temptation. Besides getting bored by after a while, I was dissapointed by the vocal. Really weak voice. On top of that I think it was pretty much rip-off of Theatre of Tragedy.