best gig and best gig

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Whats the best non metal gig youve been to and the best metal gig? And dont necessarily think of your favorite band but just the overall energy and vibe you felt.

Mine would be Pink FLoyd in 1989 when I was 9 years old, changed my life.

And non metal... Opeth at the Fillmore in San Francisco, that was amazing cause I had just moved to SF the day before and there couldnt of been a better way to celebrate a new city.
Close 2nd would be Children of Bodon and Nummirock in 1999, so wasted, so burned from the sun, so loud!

Non Metal-Incubus at Riviera Chicago(believe it or not they are amazing live)

Metal- *hard one...* Toss up between Pantera/MorbidAngel/Soulfly at UIC Pavillion & Opeth Chronology HOB Chicago

Gonna have to go w/ the Opeth. The more that I think of It. It was fucking legendary. From Orchid progressing up to Ghost Reveries was just amazing, having no openers really helped seeing that the show reached the 3 hour mark and I wasnt bored or anxious for 1 minute

Metal: Graspop Metal Meeting 2004 - just for the sheer number of quality acts.

Non Metal: Probably Guidance (a local rock-grunge act). Their singer has avery warm voice the same style as Vedder, and they even brought a guest musician and did Hunger Strike.
Roger Waters was good too though, but being in the middle of 50,000 people kinda ruined it a bit.

Mogwai must have been really good :jealous:

and, well, I've only been to 3 gigs in my life :erk: I saw Boston though so at least one of them was really really good

Non-Metal: The Brandenburg Orchestra, performing Brandenburg Concertos. It was that fucking incredible I cried.

Metal: Iron Maiden, 1992 at the Hordern here in Sydney.

Metal: Ozzfest 2005 (I think that was the year...Maiden was on the bill)

Non-Metal: Maceo Parker in 1994. GREAT live performer.