Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Rich Wakeman (Yes)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Patrick Moraz (Yes)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Vitalij Kuprij

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
What the hell, Jens Johansson is in Stratovarius?!?!?! I thought he called it quits after splitting with Malmsteen!! I've heard great things about Stratovarius, but now I'm sure that my next cd will be one of theres.

Originally posted by The Yngster
What the hell, Jens Johansson is in Stratovarius?!?!?! I thought he called it quits after splitting with Malmsteen!! I've heard great things about Stratovarius, but now I'm sure that my next cd will be one of theres.

Yes indeed :D

Originally posted by The Yngster

Where do you live?! In a barrel?!

:lol:

Richard West of Threshold is one of the most unknown and underrated keyboardist in progressive metal today. He combines stellar technique, excellent song-writing and tastefulness. The more I listen to his work, the more I understand his genius as a musician. Keith Emerson, Kevin Moore, Clive Nolan all deserve a spot on that list and should be added as well.

And as for Kuprij, his first two solo albums and the first Artension album are good, but on the latest albums he has played very sloppy and has sounded uninspired.

Kuprij is sloppy on synths but good on weight piano keys playing classical pieces. But his rock solos are very unimaginative with little (if any at all) in the way of phrasing, syncopation, intervallic variation or deviation from the major or minor scales. Take away the speed and you get something quite rudimentary musically to my ears.

I love Rhapsody's keyboard parts, but I remember reading an interview with a guitarist from another melodic metal band who alluded to the fact that Staropoli did not do all of that playing himself or had quite a bit of programming help if you catch my drift. Any truth to this? If he did play all the stuff, then he is quite a player but my favorites will always be Kuprij and Pinella. I acknowledge Rudess's talent, but he just doesn't do it for me.

Originally posted by Spectre Within X
It so happens my favorite keyboard player is not up there on the poll :cry: ...Mr. Alex Starpoli is my favorite keyboarder! :)

Alex Starpoli is my favorite one as well! Speaking of underated Keyboardists i dont see why people dont give him much credit. I admire how much he puts into his playing Korg and his taste for classical music. Plus hes not the one who writes the cheesy lyrics the rest of you non fans hate. Luca Turilli writes the lyrics! :p Also i think the Keyboardist from Deep Purple (Have no idea of his name!) is good, not god at keyboards but still could be recognized some how.

Jordan Rudess is amazing. You never know what to expect from note to note. He also completes an already amazing band of virtuoso's that know no boundaries.
Where is Kevin Moore and Chris Ingles of Shadow Gallery?

Kevin is no where near the technical talent that Jordan is. Although he may be closer in the musical composition department. The thing about Jordan is that he's so amazing technically, that you don't know when he's improvising in concert because everything is so precise and clean. His chops are astounding.