Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Rich Wakeman (Yes)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Patrick Moraz (Yes)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Vitalij Kuprij

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
Martin Hedin of Andromeda is a brilliant and innovative keyboardist. Wait until you hear his mind-boggling work on "II=I".

Evergrey's new keyboardist, Rikard Zander, contributes a stellar performance on "Recreation Day".

I'm getting curious.... Never knew there was so much about keyboardists.... Could anyone recommend some good solo stuff by some nice ones for me to check out? :)

SyX-fan:
If you want some nice key-oriented music, here are some of the quintessential records:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer: Tarkus, Trilogy, Brain Salad Surgery. One of SX`s influences. Keith Emerson might just have been the most talented keyboardist of the 20th century.
Vitalij Kuprij: High Definition. Despite not being a fan of Kuprijs later work, I admit that his first solo-album is extremely good. The compositions are tight and so is the playing. Greg Howe does some of his best neo-classical guitar work to date.

Originally posted by SyX-Fan
I'm getting curious.... Never knew there was so much about keyboardists.... Could anyone recommend some good solo stuff by some nice ones for me to check out? :)

Well not really a solo band, but check out Time Requiem. The main man of the band is keyboardist Richard Andersson (another worthy member to mention is Peter Wildoer, Darkane's drummer) very good stuff if you are into SyX. They have a great singer and of course the great Richard Andersson, one of the best keyboardists out there right now (IMO).

In technique, creativity and composition there is no doubt that Jordan Rudess and Michael Pinella are masters of masters. But when it comes to speed, Vitalij kuprij, Jens johansson and warmen are ahead. Although I must say that Derek Sherinian, Kevin Moore, Henrik Klingerberg are not exactly far behind.