Best of 2008

3. Saint Deamon - In Shadows Lost From the Brave
2. Have a Nice Life - Deathconciousness (if this counts as a metal album, to me it does since it was made by a couple of metalheads in Massasschusetts)
1. Equilibrium - Sagas

An unpopular opinion since it seems nobody picked any of those albums, but I don't care they're all amazing.

fucking hell, I still dont have Equilibrium sagas

I'm a bit biased, but imo it's the greatest metal album ever created. If U were a fan of their other album, your really gonna adore what they did next. If it doesn't hit on U at first keep on listening to it, as it's a bit of a grower. Dang they make Summoning's so called style of "epicness" look like child's play.

I'm a bit biased, but imo it's the greatest metal album ever created.

Are you fucking serious? Sagas is like the gayest shit I've ever heard. Listening to that album is the phenomenological equivalent of getting rammed in the ass on a pirate ship while some frilly-shirted German guy plays keyboard filigrees in the background.

Are you fucking serious? Sagas is like the gayest shit I've ever heard. Listening to that album is the phenomenological equivalent of getting rammed in the ass on a pirate ship while some frilly-shirted German guy plays keyboard filigrees in the background.

I thought you liked them.

That's cause I am bisexual :). If I ever decide to date a guy though, I'll make 100% sure that it's not you. U give out like some of the gayest metal album reveiws I've ever seen.

Favorite Metal Albums of 2008:

Opeth - Watershed
Cynic - Traced in Air
Terminal Function - Planetary Duality
The Faceless - Planetary Duality
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Meshuggah - ObZen
Evergrey - Torn
Omnium Gatherum - The Red Shift
Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine

project failing flesh – the conjoined.
Excellent futuristic extreme metal, featuring Eric Forrest (ex-Voivod)

Vader – XXV
Great re-recordings of their "greatest hits". The De Profundis material sounds excellent.

Spearhead – decrowning the irenarch
Furious, intelligent blakened death metal with a war flavour.

alestorm – captain morgans revenge (don't ask!)
Cheesy, Keytar ridden Pirate metal. Think a sillier Turisas. Great festival band.

impaled – the last gasp
Worthy succesor to Mondo Medicale. Impaled finally grow up.

unleashed – hammer battalion unleashed
The Motorhead of Death Metal return with their strongest album in ten years.

e-force – modified poison
Teaching the neo-thrash losers that it isn't all "cowabunga" and Exodus rip offs.

viking skull – doom gloom heartache and whiskey
Rock/metal that out sleazes Motorhead and AC/DC this year.

Kiuas – New Dark Age
Power metal in my top ten of the year ? Who'd have thought it ? Great, catchy stuff.

The Gates of Slumber – Conqueror
Because some times all you need is trad.

Lots of close calls this year though - though I don't plan to post more than 10. Who the fuck reads long lists anyway ?

Vader put something out this year? i had no idea

traced in air was the best i've heard, i was hoping for necrophagist and augury to finish their projects but that fell though.

havnt made the official list yet, but i'll be narrowing it down from this:

behexen
morgirion
eluveitie
braindrill
todesbonden
alestorm
enslaved
swallow the sun
kampfar
draconian
neuraxis