• Demon of the Fall

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Only vote if you have been to one of the gigs. If your not seeing opeth intil tommorow. Then Vote tommorow. If your not seeing them intil next week. Then wait intil next week to vote. And so forth. :headbang:

I don't know. The show was fucking insane in San Fransico :headbang: Holy shit it was surreal when they started playing masters apprentice with just red lights. For me that was the best song followed by all the rest. The Moor and Deliverance and Balckwater And Demon holy shit they were all sick the crowd energy was insane. I fucking love Opeth.

The Moor was AWESOME...but I picked Master's Apprentice 'cause it really set the tone for a HEAVY night and what a crushing opening riff!

Yeah at the SF show I'd say deliverance was the best, the crowd realy got going at the begining of the song and then everyone just sort of triped out during the soft parts. In My Time of Need sounded real good with that piano solo too.

While they all sounded good, to my ears, the band seemed most comfortable with the songs they've played the longest, April Ethereal and Demon of the Fall.

I think Blackwater Park was amazing, especially since I finally got to see Mendez play that slap bass part towards the end \m/

Although the Moor was great, there was a glaring fuck up (by Mikael) right at the beginning of it at the show in Seattle. After the song he says "maybe a few gigs down the line it'll get better."

I voted for the solid performance of April Ethereal!!

the first time i saw them play live i was able to pick up on some fuckups. then again, that was the damnation tour...when they didn't have distortion to cover up their mistakes. this time, the damnation songs were even better. i was going to vote for april ethereal, but the 3rd guitar part that Per played was to quiet, and that is one of my favorite parts of the song.

blackwater park was fucking awesome though....probably the highlight of my night...

I agree that Deliverance was the best in SF....Solid, loud, fast...you know, all that metal stuff. Really though, it was awesome. Second is Blackwater Park - fuck that's a heavy song!