Is "Blackwater Park" the Best Opeth Song?

Is Blackwater Park the Best Opeth Song?

• Yes

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 112 76.2%

• Total voters
No way. Neither "objectively" (doesn't represent the "best" of Opeth) nor "subjective" (not even in my top 15). Not that i hate BWP (song), but it's not my favorite.

As long as Opeth have 50+ songs no song could ever be voted "yes" in this poll anyway. Let's say there are 15 most "fan favorite" Opeth songs, with 100 people voting for "which Opeth song is the best?" the winner will get at most 10 or 15 votes, the rest (85 out of 100) will disagree that it's the best song.

This poll shows that 15 out of 69 people think BWP is Opeth's best song, and I think that makes it Opeth's best song (according to the people in this forum anyway)

As long as Opeth have 50+ songs no song could ever be voted "yes" in this poll anyway. Let's say there are 15 most "fan favorite" Opeth songs, with 100 people voting for "which Opeth song is the best?" the winner will get at most 10 or 15 votes, the rest (85 out of 100) will disagree that it's the best song.

This poll shows that 15 out of 69 people think BWP is Opeth's best song, and I think that makes it Opeth's best song (according to the people in this forum anyway)

i thinks there's a difference between the most likeable and the best. Besides there are many other alternatives in your proposal, i think. Maybe the rest will disagree, but a vast majority will agree in a single song. What you said is probabilistical, in this poll there is a fact (at least for the "Opeth Forum" world).

You think if you list all the Opeth songs in a poll and ask for people to vote for their favorite one, a single song could receive the vast majority of the votes? I say a single song can't get more than %15 of the votes.

You think if you list all the Opeth songs in a poll and ask for people to vote for their favorite one, a single song could receive the vast majority of the votes? I say a single song can't get more than %15 of the votes.

you're right about the vast majority, i made a mistake. but i think that a single song can get more than 15% of the votes (im not saying that it will get 30%)

For me, every Opeth song rulles and I consider them equally the best (yes, even "Weakness").
That's why I have voted "no".

Oh for fuck's sake...

All the cunting polls weren't enough, so now you gotta make a poll about result of the polls? Fucking shit.

When will someone make a poll about this poll? And a poll on that poll?

I for one will make a poll on the poll on the poll on the result of the polls. Just to drive the last nail into this coffin.

I don't know and I don't care! It's a good song... But I guess I would say no if I HAD to answer. (But that won't make me vote so)

bleak is indeed better than bwp I think, bleak is perfect.

anyhow I think when is much more better, its much more genuine and feels more trustworthy, it's perhaps not save but it's just a great song with awesome lyrics.

or deliverance in terms of "safe". Deliverance is the ultimate song, its long, its epic and it is progressive!

I think yes/no-polls doesn't give any information that could be taken seriously. I mean if someone puts "Is For Absent Friends the best Opeth song" poll, most of the people who agrees would vote. Most of the disagreeing people wouldn't give a shit about that poll and wouldn't vote. Then we would get the result where 3 people out of 30 thinks for absent friends is the greatest opeth song ever...