The best song from Blackwater Park

The best track from Blackwater Park is...

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Bleak

Votes: 38 24.5%
  • Harvest

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • Dirge for November

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Patterns in the Ivy

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
I think Mikael doesn't swear in the songs because it wouldn't add anything to the music. Swearing doesn't show emotion, it shows a lack of creativity.

Also, i would suggest getting Opeth CDs one at a time, because it takes many many listens to really begin to appreciate everything they've done. BWP and Morningrise took me the longest to get into. Actually, I still haven't really come to love MAYH. I should listen to that one some more.

Oh, I voted for Drapery, but I probably would have voted for Patterns in the IVY if I knew it didn't have any votes yet.

Does anybody know if this is the song Mikael wrote with Anders around the time Morningrise was released? He mentions it on www.opeth.com and says they ran out of time or lost it, but then before BWP was released, he said he found the recording and wants to release it someday.

I'm just listening to The Drapery Falls.. and that bass riff is sorta putting me into a trance..thought I'd let you know. That stands as my vote. (not that I can change my vote...)

Heard about the opeth forums awhile ago, but never got around to having a look till now........I had to go with "Blackwater Park" for my vote, but this one seems to be more difficult than any other album. I thinks it 'cos there aren't really any stand out track as seen in the other albums. For stuff like Still Life and Morningrise it's easy for me to pick one or two favourite songs, where as the stuff in BWP is ALL BRILLIANT! That's probably why the voting on this one is so close.....:D

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but to me, Patterns in the Ivy kind of came across as a filler. I mean it's a good song, but the main riff seems really unoriginal, and Mikael did say that the song was meant as an "instrumental breather"

Nobody loves Dirge For November that much?

demonspell, i didnt think twice before voting for drige for november! i love it. the day i get that whole song figured/tabbed out on guitar will become a personal holiday!
its just my preference- i think every song on the album is magnificent....

and im saying hells yeah to brightoffski for mentioning the drumming on the drapery falls. someone needed to, as it is awesome!

i have to vote the funeral portrait for pure ass kicking lethal headbanging qualities. and i love the way the clean vocals come in at the end. this song reminds me of hell's version of rush or something. its also great to put on for the first time opeth listener. the clean vocals at the end usually makes them shit themselves, so put plastic on the furniture.
bleak is also definately worth mentioning, but as with all opeth, BWP is stunning from begining to end.

It's pretty obvious which songs are most popular.
I'm rather surprised "Blackwater park" doesn't get more votes though, it's such a magnificent finale.