Is "Blackwater Park" the Best Opeth Song?

Is Blackwater Park the Best Opeth Song?

• Yes

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 112 76.2%

• Total voters
Vivören and Lucifuge (mainly Viv), the forums would be a little bit better if your posts (which there are quite a few in number considering you've only been here a few months) had any interest in positivity or truth. Instead of going around trying to out-cool the rest of the posters being little pissy, cussy negative nancys and getting worked up to breaking about stuff that's taking place on a digital messageboard with 500+ pages, why not relax a bit? I'm going to make the assumption that I have a pretty good track-record as far as not being an asshole to people with real feelings goes, and I'm going to make the assumption that other posters would agree. But Vivören, like, things are so bad right now that you had to use the nail-in-the-coffin analogy? Things are fine. Don't bump threads you don't like. And let's just let my first poll ever on this forum have a little bit of leeway? Shit, I can wake up and some guy on the other side of the world can ruin my day! This is OpethForum, not YouTube.

While BWP is a remarkable song... the reason I wouldn't be able to vote it as one of their best is the fact that it doesn't contain any clean vocals. IMO, the inclusion of clean vocal parts into their songs is such a key element to their sound that I believe their "best" song should include at least a smidgen of that. Otherwise, it's not a complete representation of who they are as a whole. But, let's face it, is it possible for there to be a best Opeth song? For me, it all depends on the mood...

^lol noob, all the songs without clean vocals are opeth's best

JUST LISTEN TO HEIR APPARENT!!!

Not even the best song on the album.

"The Leper Affinity," "Bleak," and "Dirge For November" are better.

No, Blackwater Park is not my favourite Opeth song, I'd say mine is Windowpane, but regardless there are what, some 80 Opeth songs? So if a song gets evena few percentage of an audiences preference that is still a considerable amount. The 20% it is holding the poll, then that is a tremendous amount. it would be a very rare situation in which any band or performers audience would have a majority prefering one single track, so the results of this poll are somewhat irrevelant, but it does show how much popularity Blackwater does have.

Yeah think about it. ONE song holds 20% which by would win by FAR. If you divide up the rest 80 or so songs, it wins by a lot. It's 20% vs 1%!

when I think of Opeth I think of Demon Of The Fall MAYH is my favorite album right now with BWP and GR close behind. Speaking of BWP. I mentioned in my review of BWP that it was voted the best Opeth song here. If anyonewants to read it go ahead.,