Best Singer in the Big Four

It's almost a joke question. Mr. Belladonna by several metal miles!

Agreed, the other bands don't need much more than what they have, but Belladonna is much better than the other three, a fact that I am sure the other 3 band's singers would agree to.

On a last Big 4 Sonisphere I was pretty much disappointed with them all. Hetfield was probably the winner that night, and that's not saying much. Joey was plain terrible (but has got better a lot since). Stone Sour's Corey Taylor kicked all of their asses there.

nowadays Blowie probably is the best singer out of the Big Four, i really liked Hetfield's vocals on AJFA, Black Album and after not so much, Araya was good in the 80's, Megadave is still good in the studio, live not so much. i bet Het, Araya & Dave can't sing a Journey-tune but that is no criterion for a Thrash-vocalist.

I can honestly say, and I'm only talking eighties releases here since big 4 is only about the eighties as far as I'm concerned, that Joey, James and Tom were all great. Joey being the most 'real' classic vocalist obviously. But Tom is a briliant thrash vocalist and many have tried to imitate him and failed.
Same goes for James who, in my book, is fenomenal on Justice. And Joey is...perfection

(Mustaine sucks)

With all due respect (which is none) you aren't James Hetfield. Maybe YOU can't sing and play at the same time, but James could, better than anyone else from the big 4.
His singing style nowadays is shit, so he loses out to Joey and Tom, but that's nothing to do with playing and singing at the same time.

Agreed, he's been playing and singing some of thos songs for so long now I doubt he even has to think about it. His voice was pretty good around the s&m garage days revisited time frame., not really metal but he was singing well. Now he just sounds bad. I'm not sure why.

Joey has had the least amount of constant touring and I think it reflects his performance. It doesn't hurt that he started out with a strong singing voice, but his voice doesn't sound shot and he still has a pretty big range. I saw a live show of armored saint and as much as I love John, he was struggling through reign of fire.

Some singers can still belt out well after their prime. I recently saw heart play and while I'm not a big fan, Ann Wilson has mad pipes for someone her age.