Best Thrash Riff

Never understood the big deal about Sentenced. My wife loves them and I just find them incredibly boring.

SHIT i totaly missread every thread name in this forum, Sentenced is not thrash, but their riffs rock anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not "best thrash riff ever" but that memorable riff starting at 1:01 in Megadeth - Wake Up Dead is awesome. Oh and actually the backing riff during the solo and the "wake up deeeeeeaaaad!" part is badass too.

well, from Megadeth gotta be Tornado of Souls, the whole song is fucking win

For me it's gotta be the chorus to Tankard's Beauty and the Beast.

No matter where I am, whenever I hear it I go into an uncontrollable fit of headbanging. I could be getting a prostate exam and I'd probably start headbanging if it were playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuU3gC8NrQ

That was an awesome video :lol:

hmmmm Best Thrash Riff.......gurghurllllllurgaurhaal again I can't make up my mind.

Not many people seem to follow this awesome band, but one of the best riffs ever happens around 2:21

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped following them, but I know when I got their first album when it came out I was really pumped about it.

To me it sounded like what Demons and Wizards should sound like in the best case scenario, all he coolest parts of blind guardian and iced earth without everything I don't like it both bands. That's what it sounded like to me at that time. That was like 99, maybe I should investigate these albums max likes.

Yeah, Manticora are pretty good. Always wondered why they never gained bigger attention... Haven't listened to them in quite a while.

I'd say Testament's Eerie Inhabitants, but then again I could go for the entire The New Order album. I'll say the main riff to Eerie Inhabitants, not because it's better than any other riffs on that album, but because it's such a great way to start off a thrash album. Just my opinion though, it's really an impossible decision to make with so many great thrash songs and bands.