Best Thrash Singer

That's cool, although I prefer a little more melody in my thrash I guess. And I love Alex's solos. The guy's a force of nature, up there with Jeff Hanneman, Gary Holt and Dave Mustaine as one of the best thrash guitarists. I'd even say he's better than Mustaine; Mustaine is more technically proficient, but Skolnick is fast as hell and I find his playing way more tasteful. Proof:

Reactions: Wyvern
Skolnick is certainly a better player than Mustaine. Mustaine, as good as he is, generally plays his solos with a bunch of straight up diatonic scale running. He doesn't mix it up and play around with the order of it. Skolnick has more flavor to his playing because he'll play the scales in different orders and really bends into it. There's a reason Ozzy took him as his guitarist after Zakk.

My favorite thrash vocalist is (some of you may cringe) is Bobby Blitz of Overkill. Why? I can't really answer. If Annihilators' first two albums featured him singing I would literally be in thrash heaven. A lot of metal fans can't stand his voice, but when I listen to 'Years Of Decay' I couldn't think of a better voice to fit the music. Steve Souza of Exodus has a similar sounding voice, but I think Blitzs' is slightly better.

Skolnick is certainly a better player than Mustaine. Mustaine, as good as he is, generally plays his solos with a bunch of straight up diatonic scale running. He doesn't mix it up and play around with the order of it. Skolnick has more flavor to his playing because he'll play the scales in different orders and really bends into it. There's a reason Ozzy took him as his guitarist after Zakk.

Word. Out of Testament's first four albums I think 'Souls Of Black' features his best lead work. Skolnick FTW.

live. . . Blitz is hands down the greatest frontman to ever get up on a stage and thrash his fucking balls off. Studio. . . Zetro has to be the angriest, most ass ripppin vocalist ive ever heard. he just spews hatred and violence into a track like no other. exodus' new album "blood in blood out" proves my point. he sucks live though and doesnt command the stage like bobby blitz.

Zetro is actually quite good live, he hit every note when I last caught Exodus just under a year ago. He's no wildman like Blitz, but he ain't bad, he's got decent stage presence.

Neil turbins voice shattered glass and kicked ass on anthrax's first one. he sounded like david lee roth and rob halford morphed into a metal mutant. what the hell happened to him? he just took a vowel of silence or had a stroke or something.

Neil turbins voice shattered glass and kicked ass on anthrax's first one. he sounded like david lee roth and rob halford morphed into a metal mutant. what the hell happened to him? he just took a vowel of silence or had a stroke or something.

I have seen Neil live here in Eindhoven at the Dynamo club perform live two years ago he is still touring his ass of.
So anything but 'a vowel of silence'.

A search on 'Neil Turbin' will lead you in mere seconds to this website:

http://deathriders.com/

Touring schedule:

http://deathriders.com/tour

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/DEATHRIDERS-52387573870/?fref=ts

Neil Turbin Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/neil.turbin/?fref=ts

Neil Turbun Twitter:

https://twitter.com/deathriders

dude, thank you so much for sharing that. the vocals on "fistful" are some of the sickest ive heard and it always bumbed me out that he never did anything else. upcoming thrash album with turbin fonting it!!??!!? im excited for that shit. i wonder if he can still rip those high notes like back in the day

Hetfield will always be the best in my eyes, but honorable mentions go to - Warrel Dane, Mille Petrozza, Dave Mustaine, Tom Araya, David Wayne, and Eric Knutsen.

For the record, I HATE both Blitz and Zetro even though I love both of their bands. Although Zetro was pretty on point on Tempo.

My favorite thrash vocalist is (some of you may cringe) is Bobby Blitz of Overkill. Why? I can't really answer. If Annihilators' first two albums featured him singing I would literally be in thrash heaven. A lot of metal fans can't stand his voice, but when I listen to 'Years Of Decay' I couldn't think of a better voice to fit the music. Steve Souza of Exodus has a similar sounding voice, but I think Blitzs' is slightly better.

Bobby is NOT the "best" singer, but he gives you everything live that he gives on disc and is a great frontman.

Bryant

Reactions: Burzum_Maiden
Although they weren't "major players" in the thrash scene (a little late in the fold) my two favorite thrash vocalists were Joel DuBay of Powermad and Brad Divens of Wrathchild America. Both bands were definitely thrash, but still melodic. I loved that combination. n honourable mention to Mike Howe as well. Metal Church's "Blessing in Disguise" sort of blurs the line between American Powermetal and thrash and he is a MONSTER of a vocalist.

Bryant

i thought i answered this already. don't see a reply by me. chuck billy. i saw testament live and his voice shook my chest. has crazy range for that style. joey belladonna and erik a.k. are great too

Reactions: Burzum_Maiden