Best Thrash Singer

Chuck Billy and I'm not even a big fan of Testament

As I said it before...

Do we really needed to bring this thread back? :devil:

@spacebeer: you're the same that posts at the WB board?

Ken Nardi

For violent emotion, I'd definitely put him up there with Paul Baloff (even though they're extremely different overall). Mark Antoni (Realm) is definitely my favorite clean thrash singer.

Yup I am!

Awsome! Welcome to our den of insanity :wave:

After a lot of thinking I will put too Nicole Lee. Hher vocals on Znöwhite LP are fantastic (I know some put them more as speed that thrash, but the lines are sometimes blurred there).

Awsome! Welcome to our den of insanity :wave:

After a lot of thinking I will put too Nicole Lee. Hher vocals on Znöwhite LP are fantastic (I know some put them more as speed that thrash, but the lines are sometimes blurred there).

I think "act of god" is an underrated classic, I don;t like the first two Zhowhite records nearly closely as much.

I think "act of god" is an underrated classic, I don;t like the first two Zhowhite records nearly closely as much.
Fully seconded. However, while I do like Nicole Lee's vocals on "Act of God" very much, my choice for this topic is Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.).

np: Coroner - "Paralyzed, Mesmerized"

np: Coroner - "Paralyzed, Mesmerized"

Cool to see sombody else to like "Grin". The way they changed the sound not many digest that album.

BTW, being as I am allergic to harsh vocals is fantastic how I dig Coroner. The band won't be the same without Ron's vocals.

Cool to see sombody else to like "Grin". The way they changed the sound not many digest that album.
I have to say that when I bought this album 17 years ago and listenend to it, I was somewhat disappointed that most of the songs were a lot slower and less complex than the stuff they had released before, but it seems that nowadays "Grin" is the Coroner album which gets the most spins from me.

I have to say that when I bought this album 17 years ago and listenend to it, I was somewhat disappointed that most of the songs were a lot slower and less complex than the stuff they had released before, but it seems that nowadays "Grin" is the Coroner album which gets the most spins from me.

I got it around the same time. But I only had PFD and MV before (as a matter of fact NMC was the last I purchased when I was looking for their catalogue), so "Grin" came as a surprise but I couldn't compare it to "R.I.P" until much later.

I like them all, the one I spin the most nowdays is PFD but only because I got a new copy and I'm wearing it out :tickled:

My faves are____

Joel Dubay (Powermad)
Brad Divens (Wrathchild America)
Chuck Billy (Testament)
I guess if we are being really liberal about what thrash is, I will have to go with Mike Howe (Metal Church) Those other guys really can't touch him.

Bryant

. But Kill 'em all was one album. That's one album out of...8? I don't think you can call them a thrash band on that evidence. Master of Puppets wasn't really thrash,

You do realize that Metallica is one of the big 4 of thrash right? (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax)and Master of Puppets was the most critically acclaimed thrash album of all time. Metallica had 4 thrash albums which were the first 4. Then they changed their sound after the 80's ended and grunge became the genre of choice. I'd go as far as to say that Death Magnetic is a a return to the roots for sure, the best thing they've done since "...And Justice For All" in my opinion.

I guess if we are being really liberal about what thrash is, I will have to go with Mike Howe (Metal Church) Those other guys really can't touch him.

Mike Howe totally rules. He has that "Dio" type of snarl to his voice yet he could still hit some high notes and make his singing quite melodic.

Fun fact: I hear he's now an evangelical Christian.

Mike Howe totally rules. He has that "Dio" type of snarl to his voice yet he could still hit some high notes and make his singing quite melodic.

Fun fact: I hear he's now an evangelical Christian.

Really? o_O. I thought only Craig Wells turn into Christianity, at least that was what I recall as an excuse not to join Metal Church again for "Masterpeace".

Anyway, Mike rules in so many ways both in Heretic and Metal Church that is a pity he didn't continued in any metal band.