Best thrash song ever

The best thrash sons ever are...

• Total voters
That's actually quite true. The first time I heard them, I remember remarking on how much they sounded like Maiden with a punk singer. Of course that was only one song and I can't say I've heard a lot of their stuff, but that one track had Maiden influence written all over it.

I just saw the Kerry King interview, Dave Mustaine IS one of the worst singers in rock, whereas Tom Araya is in a thrash metal band, so you can get away with a bad vocalist there :)

Even though I dont agree with everything he says, at least Kerry has the balls to say whats on his mind, someone needs to point out to everyone what girls the best thrash bands have turned into :)

I like how he says he wishes Slayer was more prolific and then says they are going to tour Japan and then do the record, which they were going to start recording in MAY :lol:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, Spawny. I was just about to defend Tommy Araya and then you go and say that it's OK to have a bad vocalist in a thrash band.

Why is that OK, when you've been quite vocal in the past about disliking black and death metal bands because of their vocalists?

Can you see the difference between Tom Araya and someone from Mayhem? Tom is perfectly understandable, black and death bands usually are not, and most vocalists in those bands are utter shit.

Tom isnt all that bad, but I can understand why some people might not like Slayer because its not like theres any melodic singing on their songs. Of course, thats why a lot of people like them too.

Face it spawn nearly everything you have said in this thread is a total clusterfuck.

Since when has the ability to understand what a vocalist is saying deems whether they are shit or not? You are very confused.

And how the hell are slayer still a thrash band. I dont know what to call their music now but god damn it aint thrash. Its poo.

Because a band like Nile is just noise, theres no discernable lyrics at all. Which makes them, and a lot of other black/death bands instrumentalists, with noise over the top. Thus the vocalists are both pointless and shit.

Slayer are still a thrash band, dont be so stupid.

Its not flawed, the songs on the list are regarded by most sane people to be the best thrash songs ever. Ask someone to list the 10 best thrash songs and 90% of the songs will come from that list. There will always be someone pedantic wondering why so and so want included, but that list pretty much covers the songs that more than one person would vote for.

Spiff said:
You idiot. And Coroner's "Masked Jackal" should be there.

You fool. You must smack your forehead in expasperation sometimes when you take the time think about what you've said.
You are like soooo much cooler than that spawn idiot man! :lol:

I haven't heard much Sum 41, but I don't mind what I have heard.

I just think Kerry calling another band pop... and then appearing in a Sum 41 film clip is kind of hypocritical. Not that Sum 41 are pop, but they certainly are mainstream.

And Kerry King is just like Phil Anselmo... says shit that doesn't need to be said. Why bring Metallica up when he didn't need to? He just wanted to say shit to make himself look hardcore.

But that's my take on it.

Yeah but look at it from his point of view. They all started out at the same time, Megadeth sold out embarrassingly so, Metallica are barely a hard rock band now, Anthrax havent done much at all (though WCFYA is awesome!) and Slayer are the only one of them that plays stuff as aggressive or moreso than when they started. So naturally he is going to think they are all a bunch of girls :)

Slayer are like a thrash ACDC, same thing every time but nobody cares :worship:

I know I know, why don't you all post 20 best thrash songs that in your opinion should be in the poll, and then the most popular of those 20 form the poll for the best thrash song of all time. Then you can also compare the final 20 to spawns and see if he is right about this 90% business.

I think that's a rad idea, thanks Kembo.

Because the poll would be tainted, they would deliberately pick ones not on my poll. Well, the ones with no integrity anyway. It would be Florida all over again, they would try and bribe the Supreme Court and things would get nasty.

Slayer arent like ACDC. While acdc might put out album after album they are still listenable after all these years. Slayer on the other hand............

And Reign in blood the same musically compared to god hates us all.....SACRILEGE!

spawn said:
Yeah but look at it from his point of view. They all started out at the same time, Megadeth sold out embarrassingly so, Metallica are barely a hard rock band now, Anthrax havent done much at all (though WCFYA is awesome!) and Slayer are the only one of them that plays stuff as aggressive or moreso than when they started. So naturally he is going to think they are all a bunch of girls :)

Slayer are like a thrash ACDC, same thing every time but nobody cares :worship:

so they're all a bunch of girls... because Slayer doesn't have the balls to try something new?

...and how are Metallica barely a hard rock band? What makes a hard rock band?