Best Videogame Ever

An excellent compilation of old school games: Midway Arcade Treasures!
It includes Smash TV, Defender, Joust, Root Beer Tapper, Marble Madness, Road Blasters, and Super-fucking-Sprint! (and more)
Super Sprint RULES.
There was "beer" tapper also right or, is my brain remebering shit that didn't exist again ?

Wizball, Maniac Mansion and the Monkey Island series are all huge favorites of mine but my favorite overall was "Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided" until they destroyed it (it's an online game which was ruined by constantly "upgrading" it). I'd been playing for 938 days until this week when I finally cancelled my account. Bring on Dungeons and Dragons Online!! (Can't wait)

karrokid said:
There was "beer" tapper also right or, is my brain remebering shit that didn't exist again ?

Yeah, it was originally just called Tapper until someone figured they shouldn't be marketing consumption of alcohol to kids. (my first recollection of political correctness)

Carcassian said:
Dragon Force (Saturn)
Fighters Megamix (Saturn)
Sega Rally Championship (Saturn)

Its nice to see somebody else that doent just "knee-jurk" shit all over the
sega saturn. It was right on par with the PSX before they bailed for dreamcast.

I enjoy to many video games to choose which one I like "best" but I will share with you some games that I really enjoy...

Fable-XBOX
Devil May Cry 1 or 3-PS2
Final Fantasy 7-PS1(don't enjoy many PS1 games, but this is a clasic)
Suikoden 3-PS2
Star Wars Battle Front 1-2-PS2

Check 'em out. All classics and you feel pretty accomplished when you beat them.

TacoBellJunkie said:
Saturn deserves props. Some great shmups on that system. I'm basically anti-PS anyway.

Final Fight arcade kicked fucking ass. Looked nice on SNES, but lack of 2-player hurt it. Streets of Rage 2 and 3 on Genesis fucking ruled.

Oh yeah! Final Fight. That reminds me, I need to pick up Capcom Collection.
It has Final Fight, 1942, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, Commando, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and like 16 other old school games.
All for $19.00!

TacoBellJunkie said:

You know it, dude. I loved the Saturn, and indeed my parents (don't ask!) use it to this day!

I eventually bought a PS when the saturn games same to a halt (I pretty much own all the domestically released UK games - including the KOF game with cart with the funny as fuck Japlish - "lobert - Ro!"). It was a sad day when Sega dropped it - it ruled for my tastes as I was basically a 2d fighting game man at the time - plus the Sega 3d fighting games have always been the best fighting games in the 3d milieu (except maybe Soul Calibur).

I also think the Dreamcast gets utterly rejected by people who don't remember how many great games it got - the PS2 might have steamrollered over it, but I'd be hard pressed to name 10 great games for it.

THanks fuck for the xbox and 360 - spiritual sucessors to the Dreamcast...

I still bust out the olsd saturn now and then, Mr. Bones rules! Dreamcast was better than PS2, Gamecube or Xbox. Sega Marine Fishing still kicks ass.

Megaman 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Battletoads (NES)
Megaman X, Super Double Dragon, Super Mario World (SNES)
Sonic the Hedgehog, Shinobi 3, Streetfighter 2:Turbo (SEGA GENESIS)
Golden Eye, Killer Instinct Gold, Starfox 64 (N-64)
Resident Evil 2, Twisted Metal 3, Tony Hawk's Proskater (PS1)
GTA 3, VC, SA(PS2)
GTA 3, VC, SA(XBOX)

Carcassian said:
You know it, dude. I loved the Saturn, and indeed my parents (don't ask!) use it to this day!
I also think the Dreamcast gets utterly rejected by people who don't remember how many great games it got - the PS2 might have steamrollered over it, but I'd be hard pressed to name 10 great games for it.

THanks fuck for the xbox and 360 - spiritual sucessors to the Dreamcast...
I don't have one, as I don't have anything beyond the SNES (one day I'll the N64, dammit), but there's a dedicated Dreamcast community out there, and it's still getting official releases in Japan, and Sega has recently put a new run of new machines on the Japanese market, if I understand correctly; apparently made from left-over parts.

I was just thinking, did anyone else have the Turbo Graphix 16? I got it used from this kid down the block. I had only two games, Bubble Bobble and Bonks Adventure. Then, the controller broke and we couldn't find a new one.

the Sega Saturn was great. My first game on that system was Tomb Raider. Big diff between the Saturn and PS1 versions. The PS1 was much better in graphics but the Saturn is still a kick arse system. Does anyone have the UK version for Resident Evil for Saturn. Its supposed to have a couple of diff cut scenes than the PS1? can anyone confirm?

classy !! the turbografix 16 was badass, yeeears ahead of anything else, it simply poo'd all over the master system and nes, not that i ever actually owned one........far too pricey

over here it was known as the pc engine, but it never got officially released just jap imports, bonk was awesome tho a really cool platform, the sequels were good too...., that and still one of the best shoot em ups EVER....gunhead.........made the engine worth having for those two games alone.....

i miss shoot em ups n beat em ups, so sick of sports games and first person shooters.........i mean kids today dont even know what a smart bomb is, its just wrong

lokey said:
classy !! the turbografix 16 was badass, yeeears ahead of anything else, it simply poo'd all over the master system and nes, not that i ever actually owned one........far too pricey

over here it was known as the pc engine, but it never got officially released just jap imports, bonk was awesome tho a really cool platform, the sequels were good too...., that and still one of the best shoot em ups EVER....gunhead.........made the engine worth having for those two games alone.....

i miss shoot em ups n beat em ups, so sick of sports games and first person shooters.........i mean kids today dont even know what a smart bomb is, its just wrong

Amen my brother, amen. I don't need no stinking EA American sports release v6.2 - to be honest, baseball is just rounders for fucking maths losers, and American Football is Rugby for poofs - plus the FIFA franchise sucks cock for fun and profit.

What the hell happened to the shmup? The last good one I played was G-Darius for the PSX - that was fucking excellent.

Mind you, thank Christ for MAME - you can't whack some nice 1942 based action!

Arg_Hamster said:
Or some Double Dragon.

Never my fave beat em up actually.

There was a similar konami beat em up (Vigilante ?) that started with a subway level with first end boss with a morning star (he got tired in between swings, and you could beat him up then) at around the same time, which was better.

I'm terribly compelled to keep playing Pit Fighter through to completion every couple of months. It really is one of the worst games ever, but hell, I can't help it!

EDIT: My fav Beat em ups were ALWAYS the Street Fighter series; in particular Sagat (see Avatar)