Best voice in metal?

joke? hes like the dude from evergrey and barlow, I dont see anything great there

aside from the fact that his range is FAR greater than either of those, he sounds nothing like Barlow (he doesn't sound like a walrus when he does emotional singing), and he is generally more versatile.

joke? hes like the dude from evergrey and barlow, I dont see anything great there

Agreed. Add alittle Geoff Tate and Bruce Dicksinson in there.

By no means an original,unique, or distinct vocalist which is probably why no one mentions the guy.

:lol: He is by all means a distinct vocalist - enough for people to actually rip off his singing style in bands like Wastefall and Empyrios

Whether or not people imitate his voice, he still isn't the best metal singer, even though he actually is a pretty good singer whether or not people want to admit it or like his band.

Mikael Akerfeldt, from Opeth/Bloodbath, for death vocals.
Screams, I go with Jari Maenpaa of Ensiferum or the bearded guy from At The Gates (know his name, just can't think of it).
Clean vocals, I would go with Trey Anastosio of Phish (yeah, I know, not metal).

Whether or not people imitate his voice, he still isn't the best metal singer, even though he actually is a pretty good singer whether or not people want to admit it or like his band.

Halford has lost a lot of his vocal ability, so by default Gildenlow takes up that position. Not a single metal vocalist that can match him nowadays.

Christian Älvestam for cleans!

Agreed, his growls are also wicked and it's to bad him and scar symmetry have parted ways. oh well

SS will be announcing a new vocalist soon. I was thinking maybe Dan Swanö.