Skeleton Witch

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
Who else is into this awesome band? I've been jamming Beyond The Permafrost repeatedly and it kicks fucking ass. When I listen to it I think "this is what metal is supposed to be" - it's melodic, aggressive, heavy, evil, and fuckin' awesome.

Also, what would they be described as? The best I can come up with is melodic blackened thrash metal, but they have death metal influences as well...

I am surprised to see such a negative comments and I demand reasons!

I had read a lot about them, and most of what I read (perhaps unfairly) heralded them as the "saviours of thrash" or some such nonsense.

What a let down then, when I finally heard some of their tracks, to find them utterly, utterly unremarkable.

They are like Blood Tsunami etc...basically bands pretending to be old-school thrash who introduce lots of lame influences to dilute the sound. Melo-deathrashy-core (sometimes) is basically what's on call.

They aren't bad. I will say their guitarists need a little more practice on the technical side. I do like their drummer b/c he plays exectionally tight with great rhythm. Much like Mr. Lombardo and the guy from Lamb-o God-sor (LOG).

I dig them too. To me they sound like a mix of gothenburg style melodic death metal and thrash metal with harsh black metalish vocals.

Blood Tsunami sounds pretty good to me...not too huge on the vocals, but otherwise pretty decent.