BFD Help

AStacy2

May 19, 2006
Ohio
Hey guys, after hearing some of the songs you guys have done with BFD/DFHS (I think both sound pretty good hehe even though some of you don't feel the same after reading the threads) I decided I had to check one of these programs out.

So I got BFD and I'm using Sonar5PE (the computer program) by the way. When I insert it BFD ALL on an audio track apparantly the individual drum tracks are supposed to show up but they don't so I'm obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what. So I put in a midi track and was sending that to be processed by BFD just by using the piano rollout/staff and I was just thinking that there had to be an easier way to do this after it took me like 45mins to get through like 16 bars hehe. It seems like it would take forever to sequence a track like this so I just wondered if there was a better way. Also, I know nothing about sequencing drums this is the first "drum machine" or anything like this I've ever used so any help would be appriciated. I have a great acoustic kit that I have always just recorded the old fashioned way.

Thanks!

hex: first thing to do is add the BFD DXi through the "synth rack" in sonar. I just found about this last night, and it rocks. go to "view" > "synth rack" > hit the "+" in the upper left corner and add the BFD "all" dxi. everthing else should be taken care of automatically. start throwing down some midi in the last track that shows up, which should be the midi track created by rewire.

I still use piano roll for programing drums. it's involved but it's very flexible. let me know if you find a better way, or if you can't get the above function to work.

Check out "ultra"...has 18 outputs vs the 9 available with "all"...

You will need to download the latest version though...1.5.0.44 i believe